A BRITISH filmmaker who worked with Sylvester Stallone is in an induced coma after plunging from a balcony in Mallorca.
Carl Whiteley, 39, from north Lincolnshire is in a critical condition after falling and hitting his head.
The incident happened at around 11pm on Tuesday evening after neighbours alerted police to a disturbance at a property in central Palma.
The Brit is now in intensive care in Son Espases Hospital, but his family in England are unable to fly to Spain to be with him.
Carl’s sister Emma Whiteley has set up a GoFundMe page to raise funds so she can fly out to her brother on the Balearic island.
The page says: “Our brother is amazing and I know he’s helped a lot of people and a lot of charities.”
Other tributes poured in for the critically ill ‘friend of the stars’, describing him as a ‘funny,’ ‘witty,’ and ‘positive’ person.
He is known for writing the script for short film Empire, and has also worked with the likes of Johnny Depp and Sylvester Stallone.
- Death of British teen in Spain who was third to die at same apartment block ‘could have been prevented’ - 19 Jun, 2019 @ 13:38
- OH MY GOGH: Gun Van Gogh ‘killed himself with’ to be auctioned off while southern Spain tour of his work continues - 19 Jun, 2019 @ 12:30
- CASTING CALL: Netflix needs male and female extras in Spain’s Andalucia for new drama series - 19 Jun, 2019 @ 10:57
- POSH: Brits Victoria and David Beckham jet into Spain’s Andalucia for celeb wedding of year catered for by Dani Garcia - 18 Jun, 2019 @ 16:54
- WATCH: Shocking moment bullring volunteer in Spain gored to death in front of 2,000 fans as bull ran back into pen - 18 Jun, 2019 @ 12:52
- Facial recognition cameras installed at Gibraltar Airport - 18 Jun, 2019 @ 11:00
- UK Government denies issuing ‘fresh warning’ of terror threat in Spain - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 17:34
- UK primary school hires convicted CHILD KILLER from Spain’s Andalucia who stabbed schoolgirl victim 32 times - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 13:44
- REVEALED: These countries made the most asylum applications to Spain so far this year - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 11:20
- PALM BEACH: The curious pop history of the Costa del Sol’s most famous chiringuito freshly refurbished for summer - 16 Jun, 2019 @ 11:00