THERESA May has made a ‘desperate’ third attempt at getting her Brexit deal passed, on day the UK was meant to leave the EU.
Parliament will decide the terms of the UK’s exit from the EU this afternoon, with a third vote on the Government’s Brexit deal planned for 2.30 pm.
Yet another defeat for May would force either the cancellation of Article 50, a no deal departure or a long delay.
The Attorney General, Geoffrey Cox has told MPs the deal must be approved if the UK wants to secure the legal right to an extension to Brexit.
A victory for the Prime Minister this afternoon would mean the UK would leave on 22 May.
Labour’s Brexit Secretary Sir Keir Starmer has described this afternoon’s vote has a ‘desperate act’ by the prime minister.
- British toddler badly hurt in cliff fall after ‘slipping from mother’s arms’ at Mallorca beach - 20 May, 2019 @ 11:38
- British holidaymaker drowns off Costa del Sol while swimming at popular expat beach - 17 May, 2019 @ 11:44
- British father fights for life in Spain after fall onto Costa del Sol motorway - 17 May, 2019 @ 11:11
- Football shirts recycled into hospital gowns in Spain to help sick children face their ‘hardest match’ - 16 May, 2019 @ 17:20
- Madrid airport faces Champions League final ‘chaos’ with 150,000 British fans set for Spain - 16 May, 2019 @ 12:53
- Rescue operation under way as cargo ship catches fire off Spain’s Mallorca - 15 May, 2019 @ 11:45
- Wife of crooked British fraudster mocks scam victims in holiday pic from Spain’s Costa Blanca - 15 May, 2019 @ 11:27
- ‘Sequinned C**T’ – British comic Ricky Gervais slams Spanish matador who wiped tears from dying bull - 14 May, 2019 @ 16:11
- Appeal launched for Irish woman missing in Spain as twin sister found ‘very traumatised’ in hospital - 14 May, 2019 @ 13:25
- WATCH: Matador wipes away ‘tears’ of dying bull in a ‘perverse’ move slammed by Spain’s animal rights group - 14 May, 2019 @ 11:30