TWO Britons have been arrested after allegedly posting drugs to the UK and Costa Rica from southern Spain.
The unnamed duo allegedly hid MDMA, Marijuana and hashish among packages of food products and sent them from various locations in Cadiz.
Police raided two homes in San Roque and Manilva, seizing 13,480 kg of hashish, 10,300 MDMA pills and 16g of marijuana.
The pair were rumbled after security staff at a distribution centre in Jerez de la Frontera detected a suspicious package destined for London in January.
Police then monitored the next four packages made by the Brits, which were all intercepted before leaving Spain.
The shipments were then opened in front of a judge and found to contain 2,036 kg of hashish.
The British pair were cuffed in Manilva last week, where police discovered they had just finished installing a complex indoor marijuana growing facility.
Police also seized further drugs, cash, a starting gun and vacuum packing machine in the homes in Manilva and Guadiaro.
The two detainees have been imprisoned by order of the judge.
- British pensioner praises Spanish local for handing him €400 he unwittingly left in cash machine on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 22 Apr, 2019 @ 15:30
- REVEALED: Which Andalucian province saw a 56% boom in property sales while Costa del Sol, Alicante and Balearics suffered DROPS - 21 Apr, 2019 @ 09:03
- BREAKING: British and Spanish children ‘almost die’ after dangerous game ends in FIREBALL on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 20 Apr, 2019 @ 21:14
- British expat robbed twice in same Costa del Sol supermarket in just 10 days loses ‘priceless’ personal mementos from dead daughter - 20 Apr, 2019 @ 08:51
- THERE’LL BE KILLINGS: Cadiz drug trafficker warns of BAZOOKAS and bodies on the streets if crackdown on smuggling across Strait of Gibraltar continues - 19 Apr, 2019 @ 13:10
- Irish company launches lifesaving ‘hangover care package’ for expats in Spain - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 12:09
- ‘WE’RE TERRIFIED’: Brother of missing British father who vanished from Spain’s Costa del Sol with son speaks out - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 11:29
- Drones which can photograph drivers using their mobile phone from 2km away launched in Spain TODAY - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 17:33
- BREAKING: Police arrest jihadist planning ‘massacre’ at Semana Santa parade in Spain’s Andalucia - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 15:52
- PREDATOR drones from US to patrol Strait of Gibraltar and Cadiz coast as Spain’s Guardia Civil fear surge in drug and people smuggling this summer - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 13:52