TWO Britons have been arrested after allegedly posting drugs to the UK and Costa Rica from southern Spain.
The unnamed duo allegedly hid MDMA, Marijuana and hashish among packages of food products and sent them from various locations in Cadiz.
Police raided two homes in San Roque and Manilva, seizing 13,480 kg of hashish, 10,300 MDMA pills and 16g of marijuana.
The pair were rumbled after security staff at a distribution centre in Jerez de la Frontera detected a suspicious package destined for London in January.
Police then monitored the next four packages made by the Brits, which were all intercepted before leaving Spain.
The shipments were then opened in front of a judge and found to contain 2,036 kg of hashish.
The British pair were cuffed in Manilva last week, where police discovered they had just finished installing a complex indoor marijuana growing facility.
Police also seized further drugs, cash, a starting gun and vacuum packing machine in the homes in Manilva and Guadiaro.
The two detainees have been imprisoned by order of the judge.
- BREAKING: Reports of Vodafone being down in Spain - 18 Jun, 2019 @ 15:29
- WARNING: How meticulous thieves are robbing your homes while you enjoy days at the beach along Spain’s Costa del Sol - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 17:06
- Luxury brands continue to bet on Marbella’s Puerto Banus as Hermes, Versace and Fendi to set up shop - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 13:09
- Rival the yachts of Marbella this summer with this HUGE inflatable boat from Amazon - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 11:55
- REVEALED: British flyers behind soar in on-flight incidents in Spain as Malaga, Alicante and Mallorca most affected by bad behaviour - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 11:24
- IN PICS: The stunning 16th century estate going up for auction in Spain - 16 Jun, 2019 @ 09:07
- Fake goods costing Spain and EU billions each year - 15 Jun, 2019 @ 08:38
- Brothers cuffed after trying to stuff 11 champagne bottles down one of their tops in huge shoplifting FAIL on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 17:22
- British tourists still flocking to Spain’s Malaga as first quarter of 2019 shows almost 10% increase in hotel stays - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 17:04
- 8 things you didn’t know were ILLEGAL to do at the beach on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 12:29