THE Spanish meteorology agency (AEMET) has issued a yellow weather warning for this coming Thursday, predicting gale-force winds and waves up to three metres high.
AEMET predicts the whole of Alicante’s coastline will be hit be the downpour, which will begin early on Thursday morning.
The rain could soak religious celebrations, which take place the whole of this week until Easter Sunday.
However AEMET has yet to issue warnings for Friday and the weekend, meaning there is still hope of a sun-baked Semana Santa.
- WATCH: Videos pour in as ‘gota fria’ drenches Javea and Denia on Spain’s Costa Blanca - 22 Apr, 2019 @ 00:52
- Marina Alta on RED ALERT as heavy rains cause flash floods along Spain’s Costa Blanca - 22 Apr, 2019 @ 00:05
- ‘Level 1 emergency’ declared as largest Easter storm in 73 years hits the Costa Blanca - 21 Apr, 2019 @ 11:49
- Health Agency issues warning that Dutch cookies containing CANNABIS are being accidentally sold to children across Spain - 20 Apr, 2019 @ 10:00
- Diver resuscitated after suffering heart attack off coast from Javea on Spain’s Costa Blanca - 20 Apr, 2019 @ 00:18
- BREAKING: Foreign Office issues warning to Brits as strike set to hit EVERY Spanish airport this Easter - 19 Apr, 2019 @ 17:24
- Spain’s first two-headed floating wind turbine expected to become ‘lowest cost solution’ for renewable energy far from coastline - 19 Apr, 2019 @ 16:35
- Handler strike to affect ALL of Spain starting Easter Sunday - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 21:41
- British Pensioner followed by car for over an hour before attackers stole his €35,000 Rolex on Spain’s Costa Blanca - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 17:53
- British man, 72, who tried to kill sleeping stepson with hammer jailed in Spain’s Costa Blanca - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 17:08