A BRITISH soldier who allegedly ‘glassed’ her friend in the throat after a heated nightclub row has been released after claiming it was ‘accidental.’
Squaddie Sydney Cole, 19, got into a fight with her ‘best friend,’ soldier Sarah Garrity , 22, in Bananas nightclub on Magaluf’s Punta Ballena strip.
Cole, from London, told a judge in Palma a glass she threw on the floor broke and a shard pierced Garrity’s neck.
“It was an accident, Sarah and I were very drunk because we had been drinking since 11.00 on Monday morning but I didn’t want to cut her throat,” said Cole.
Scottish-born Garrity lost a lot of blood and collapsed outside the club before being rushed to hospital for intensive care.
Suleiman, a worker in a nearby Kebab shop, told the Olive Press: “It was horrific. There was blood everywhere. I could hardly bring myself to look. It was a huge gash, and quite a hole that wouldn’t stop bleeding.”
Cole was released by police after her friend decided not to press charges, but could still be prosecuted if authorities decide to charge.
Royal Logistics Corps clerk Garrity said: “I’m alive and that’s all that matters.”
- AND THEY’RE OFF: Expats across Spain head to the polls - 26 May, 2019 @ 15:34
- OPINION: The shock verdict that sees Westley Capper and Craig Porter ‘walk free’ is an insult to Agnese Klavina’s family - 25 May, 2019 @ 13:00
- ISIS video threatens tourists in Spain after death of British ‘punk rock jihadi’ - 24 May, 2019 @ 14:45
- ‘I HAVE DONE MY BEST’: Tearful Theresa May resigns as UK Prime Minister - 24 May, 2019 @ 11:57
- British woman dies on UK-bound flight at Mallorca airport moments before take-off - 23 May, 2019 @ 11:29
- Judge allows convicted British criminal to go on Spain holiday after taser and cocaine bust - 22 May, 2019 @ 16:56
- Mystery buzzing leads couple in southern Spain to 80,000 bees in their bedroom wall - 21 May, 2019 @ 10:58
- British toddler badly hurt in cliff fall after ‘slipping from mother’s arms’ at Mallorca beach - 20 May, 2019 @ 11:38
- British holidaymaker drowns off Costa del Sol while swimming at popular expat beach - 17 May, 2019 @ 11:44
- British father fights for life in Spain after fall onto Costa del Sol motorway - 17 May, 2019 @ 11:11