A BRITISH soldier who allegedly ‘glassed’ her friend in the throat after a heated nightclub row has been released after claiming it was ‘accidental.’
Squaddie Sydney Cole, 19, got into a fight with her ‘best friend,’ soldier Sarah Garrity , 22, in Bananas nightclub on Magaluf’s Punta Ballena strip.
Cole, from London, told a judge in Palma a glass she threw on the floor broke and a shard pierced Garrity’s neck.
“It was an accident, Sarah and I were very drunk because we had been drinking since 11.00 on Monday morning but I didn’t want to cut her throat,” said Cole.
Scottish-born Garrity lost a lot of blood and collapsed outside the club before being rushed to hospital for intensive care.
Suleiman, a worker in a nearby Kebab shop, told the Olive Press: “It was horrific. There was blood everywhere. I could hardly bring myself to look. It was a huge gash, and quite a hole that wouldn’t stop bleeding.”
Cole was released by police after her friend decided not to press charges, but could still be prosecuted if authorities decide to charge.
Royal Logistics Corps clerk Garrity said: “I’m alive and that’s all that matters.”
- DAYLIGHT ROBBERY: Crackdown sees nearly 20% of Palma’s terraces closed, leaving Mallorca expat owners struggling to make ends meet - 21 Jul, 2019 @ 02:32
- OPINION: War on Terraces - 21 Jul, 2019 @ 02:30
- Toddler fighting for her life after swallowing ecstasy in Spain’s Ibiza - 19 Jul, 2019 @ 13:09
- WATCH: All Blacks rugby stars perform haka in Spain’s Alhambra - 17 Jul, 2019 @ 13:51
- Drug smuggler held in Spain after hiding half a kilo of cocaine under toupee - 16 Jul, 2019 @ 13:50
- PICTURED: Grisly fate of Pamplona bulls during Spain’s famous San Fermin festival - 16 Jul, 2019 @ 12:09
- Pedro Sanchez walks away from coalition talks as political breakdown raises concern of repeat election in Spain - 16 Jul, 2019 @ 11:07
- Greenpeace ship Rainbow Warrior docks in Malaga to push for action on climate change - 15 Jul, 2019 @ 11:24
- Mystery masturbator back as sicko breaks into vehicles on Spain’s Mallorca and leaves semen all over the seat - 7 Jul, 2019 @ 11:00
- SOUTHERN COMFORTS: Why it’s not just the infamous Atlantic wind that keeps the Costa de la Luz so spiritually chilled - 7 Jul, 2019 @ 09:00