A DATE night has ended in disaster after a woman was crushed to death by a boulder in front of boyfriend in Mallorca.
The 24-year-old had been perched on the half-tonne rock with her partner between Cala Vinyes and Cala Falco in Calvia to watch the sunset.
The pair were sat on the seafront when the boulder gave way and fell on them, killing the woman instantly and crushing the man’s legs.
The 25-year-old boyfriend was able to call the emergency services and give their location despite his injuries.
Firefighters had to use several hydraulic tools to lift the rock and free the couple.
An emergency services spokesman has confirmed the woman died instantly after a rock fell on top of her and a 25-year-old man has been rushed to hospital with serious injuries.
- Drug smuggler held in Spain after hiding half a kilo of cocaine under toupee - 16 Jul, 2019 @ 13:50
- PICTURED: Grisly fate of Pamplona bulls during Spain’s famous San Fermin festival - 16 Jul, 2019 @ 12:09
- Pedro Sanchez walks away from coalition talks as political breakdown raises concern of repeat election in Spain - 16 Jul, 2019 @ 11:07
- Greenpeace ship Rainbow Warrior docks in Malaga to push for action on climate change - 15 Jul, 2019 @ 11:24
- Mystery masturbator back as sicko breaks into vehicles on Spain’s Mallorca and leaves semen all over the seat - 7 Jul, 2019 @ 11:00
- SOUTHERN COMFORTS: Why it’s not just the infamous Atlantic wind that keeps the Costa de la Luz so spiritually chilled - 7 Jul, 2019 @ 09:00
- OPINION: Vulnerable people being robbed in hospital beds on the Costa del Sol is an absolute disgrace - 6 Jul, 2019 @ 12:30
- Iran accuses UK of ‘piracy’ over oil tanker seized in Gibraltar and summons ambassador to Tehran - 5 Jul, 2019 @ 10:28
- Royal Marines in Gibraltar detain oil tanker on way to Syria - 4 Jul, 2019 @ 09:50
- North Korea hit squad hunt US vet behind raid on embassy in Spain - 3 Jul, 2019 @ 12:58