TWO British men have died after plunging 30ft while trying to take a selfie.
Daniel Vivian Mee, 25, and Jayden Dolman, 20, fell to their deaths in Punta Prima de Orihuela in Alicante.
Daniel was killed instantly after hitting a beach hut, while Jayden died from serious injuries after a helicopter took him to Alicante Hospital.
The fall happened at 7:30pm on Wednesday.
A third British man, 20, was also present and was treated for shock at the Hospital of Torrevieja.
A Guardia Civil source told the Sun: “The local British consulate has been informed.
“It appears the men were taking a photo.
“The initial reports were that they had fallen from a height of around 40 feet.
“It is too early at this stage to speculate on exactly what happened and the police investigation into the cause is still in its infancy.”
A police investigation is ongoing.
- American football star caught jumping over bulls at Spain’s San Fermin as veterans SLAM festival as ‘TOO SAFE’ - 16 Jul, 2019 @ 11:30
- Young woman arrested after ‘stabbing man in face with fork’ in Gibraltar’s Ocean Village - 16 Jul, 2019 @ 11:02
- Spanish man arrested over rape of British teenage girl in park in Spain - 15 Jul, 2019 @ 08:53
- Rock climber drowns in front of daughter after 30-metre plunge into sea near Spain’s Costa del Sol - 15 Jul, 2019 @ 08:16
- Iconic castle on Spain’s Costa del Sol is FINALLY being repaired - 14 Jul, 2019 @ 09:14
- WATCH: Spanish school teacher’s vile RACIST rant at black British men on Spain train, calling them ‘monkeys’ and ‘f**king Africans’ - 13 Jul, 2019 @ 10:03
- Environmental group names and shames 19 Costa del Sol beaches as among worst in Spain - 13 Jul, 2019 @ 09:01
- Spain’s Government SEIZES former dictator General Franco’s €5 million summer palace over its ‘fraudulent’ sale - 12 Jul, 2019 @ 13:22
- Jennifer Lopez to perform on Spain’s Costa del Sol for her 50th birthday - 12 Jul, 2019 @ 12:39
- Marbella mayor invites Barack Obama back to Costa del Sol to play golf - 12 Jul, 2019 @ 11:36