- OP Xtreme
- Business & Finance
- Crime & Law
- Food Drink
- News Features
- Insurance Doctor
- Jack Gaioni
- Legal Issues
- Loud and Clear
- Market Mumbles
- Mistress of Sizzle
- Property Insider
- Road to Riches
- Eating Out
- Andalucia Property Search
- Green Guide Spain
- SITE INFO
- Data Protection
Staycationers save Spanish tourism
August 3, 2010
• LAST EDITED:
August 4, 2010
Andalucia • 1 Comments
• Benidorm is full of Spanish holidayers
Do you have news for us?
Click to contact the newsdesk!
By Nicola Cowell
A NEW breed of ‘staycationers’ is set to save Spanish tourism this summer.
With over 10 million Brits shunning foreign holidays in favour of tightening their belts, Spanish hotels and restaurants were facing crisis point.
But, they have reportedly been saved by the growing number of Spaniards who are opting to take their holidays here instead of abroad.
Spaniards are now realising how cheap holidays here can be, and are choosing to stay at home and spend their cash in resorts like Torremolinos and Benidorm.
The Costa Blanca alone lost over 700m euros in tourist revenue last year, due to the recession.
Reader Comments »
The views expressed in the comments above are those of our users and do not necessarily reflect the views of the Olive Press.
Messages will be moderated or deleted if they:
• Are considered likely to disrupt, provoke, attack or offend others
• Are racist, sexist, homophobic, sexually explicit, abusive or otherwise objectionable
• Contain swear words or other language likely to offend
• Break the law or condone or encourage unlawful activity. This includes breach of copyright, defamation and contempt of court
• Advertise products or services for profit or gain
• Are seen to impersonate someone else
• Include contact details such as phone numbers, postal or email addresses
• Describe or encourage activities which could endanger the safety or well-being of others
• If you have a complaint about a comment please email [email protected]