HEAVY rains and wind gusts of up to 90 kmph sweeping from the west means that 28 provinces are now yellow or orange weather alert over the holiday weekend. Monday is a holiday in honour of All Saint’s Day.
The provinces are on alert are: Zaragoza, Huesca and Teruel (Aragon), Alava, Guipuzcoa and Vizcaya (País Vaso), La Rioja, Navarra, Asturias, Cantabria, Orense and Pontevedra (Galicia), Avila, Burgos, León, Palencia , Salamanca, Segovia, Soria and Zamora (Castilla y León), Caceres and Badajoz (Extremadura), Madrid, Guadalajara and Toledo (Castilla-La Mancha) and Huelva and Sevilla (Andalucia).
The La Coruña coast is on orange alert for high winds, and the west is on alert for heavy rain storms.
- Sierra Nevada’s biggest ski school EOE celebrates 30th birthday - 2 Jan, 2017 @ 21:11
- San Pedro New Year concert tickets on sale - 31 Dec, 2016 @ 18:30
- Queen’s New Year honours for two British residents in Spain - 30 Dec, 2016 @ 23:30
- Merry Christmas to all our valued readers and advertisers - 25 Dec, 2016 @ 09:07
- Police helicopter crew rescue dog and owner from Malaga floods - 4 Dec, 2016 @ 18:09
- Costa del Sol torrential rain alert raised to orange - 23 Oct, 2016 @ 14:45
- Police investigate death of Brit found bound and semi-naked at Malaga airport - 23 Oct, 2016 @ 10:58
- Spain’s PSOE leader resigns with Andalucia regional head Suzana Diaz favourite to succeed him - 2 Oct, 2016 @ 13:14
- Velez-Malaga gas explosion injures at least 77 people - 2 Oct, 2016 @ 12:16
- Chinese hotel group Wanda has got its eyes on the Costa del Sol - 23 Sep, 2016 @ 09:33