- OP Xtreme
- Business & Finance
- Crime & Law
- Food Drink
- News Features
- Eating Out
- Andalucia Property Search
Anarchist bomb pair in double trouble
• Anarchist Amanda Cerezo is now facing seven years in prison
A PAIR of bomb-making anarchists have had their sentence doubled.
The duo was convicted by the High Court for sending a letter bomb in May 2003.
The explosive, which was addressed to a far-right neo-nazi group in Valencia, exploded in a Post Office wounding nine people.
Now, the Supreme Court has increased the penalties from four to seven years for Amanda Cerezo, while her accomplice Eduardo José Alonso has got one year and two months.
The judge ruled that although they did not belong to a terrorist organization they had sought to “seriously disrupt public peace” and act against “a political leader of an opposing group.”
Reader Comments »
Messages will be moderated or deleted if they:
• Are considered likely to disrupt, provoke, attack or offend others
• Are racist, sexist, homophobic, sexually explicit, abusive or otherwise objectionable
• Contain swear words or other language likely to offend
• Break the law or condone or encourage unlawful activity. This includes breach of copyright, defamation and contempt of court
• Advertise products or services for profit or gain
• Are seen to impersonate someone else
• Include contact details such as phone numbers, postal or email addresses
• Describe or encourage activities which could endanger the safety or well-being of others