A BRITISH hero has been praised for preventing a young girl from being snatched outside her school.
The National Police are now investigating the attempted kidnapping of the 11-year-old as she left her school La Paloma, in Arroyo de la Miel.
According to reports, the youngster was approached by a man, aged around 25, who asked her for the time before grabbing her by the hand and trying to force her into his red BMW where two accomplices were waiting.
The girl later told her parents he was dark haired and spoke Spanish with a foreign accent.
Her father explained: “She told him that she had no watch, and then he took her hand and started to say ‘you are very pretty.’
“My daughter started screaming and he covered her mouth and tried to take her to the car.”
But, by incredible fortune, an elderly British man, who happened to be passing heard the girl’s screams and came to her rescue pushing her assailant away and threatening to call the police.
The girl’s father is now trying to locate the British hero to “thank him for what he did for my daughter and for me.”
Do you know the man, or did you see the incident? Email email@example.com
- Why Sotogrande’s La Gran Reserva is one of Andalucia’s most exciting new developments - 23 Nov, 2018 @ 12:15
- How the Olive Press has survived 300 issues – and is continuing to grow - 14 Sep, 2018 @ 09:48
- How a Costa del Sol-based financial services business gives back to the community - 18 Aug, 2018 @ 16:58
- ‘Evil’ monkey dubbed Dracula robs British family of cash and passports on Gibraltar’s Skywalk - 22 Jul, 2018 @ 12:32
- West End comes to Sotogrande in aid of charity - 24 Jun, 2018 @ 14:14
- Olive Press publisher Jon Clarke gets five star access to Spain’s three Michelin Star heroes - 1 Apr, 2018 @ 15:00
- NICE ONE SON: Valldemossa’s Son Viscos is the perfect B&B for a weekend escape - 21 Mar, 2018 @ 11:00
- El Bulli restaurant owner creates Spanish culinary encyclopedia - 18 Mar, 2018 @ 12:00
- Moorish makeover for relaunch of Andalucian teahouse on Costa de la Luz - 17 Mar, 2018 @ 14:00
- Incredible 20 Michelin starred chefs – with 40 stars between them – to descend on Marbella - 16 Mar, 2018 @ 17:00