By Amie Keeley
WHEN British couple Nick and Lesley Vallance decided to turn an ancient building into a hotel, the last thing they expected was to be plagued by paranormal activity.
But the owners of the Palacio Blanco hotel in Velez Malaga have been forced to call in members of the clergy to rid the 400-year-old townhouse of ghosts after receiving half a dozen sightings by guests.
They have enlisted the services of the Archdeacon of Gibraltar David Sutch and colleague Father Geoff Johnson, from Nerja, to drive the spirits out.
“The pair held a Holy Communion service and prayed for the troubled souls,” revealed Nick.
Since opening the hotel in 2007, the couple have been plagued by bad luck.
A series of disasters featured on Channel 4’s The Restoration Man, hosted by George Clarke.
But most intriguingly is the appearance of the ghosts where six rooms collapsed during construction.
“There have been some strange goings on. A number of guests have independently reported seeing what they described as ghostly apparitions,” explained Nick.
Through research they have discovered that the building, which was once connected to the church and later a school, has long had ghosts.
In particular are two ghosts called Aloy and Francisco. One was a priest who died in the hotel 100 years ago.
“Hopefully this will change things into a happier scenario for the future,” added Nick.
- Thousands evacuated as forest fire spreads along Costa del Sol - 31 Aug, 2012 @ 11:01
- Irishman shot in Torremolinos bar - 28 Aug, 2012 @ 10:27
- Experts confirm remains found on Cordoba estate belong to missing youngsters Ruth and Jose Breton - 27 Aug, 2012 @ 17:02
- Naked Chef Jamie Oliver in Marbella - 24 Aug, 2012 @ 18:24
- ‘Sickening’ kitten attacks in Estepona - 22 Aug, 2012 @ 12:55
- Little and large: Petite star Eva Longoria poses with fellow diner in Marbella - 21 Aug, 2012 @ 13:23
- Sheikh to sell Malaga FC - 19 Aug, 2012 @ 13:00
- Mercadona recalls cosmetic products linked to cancer - 15 Aug, 2012 @ 13:57
- David Cameron enjoys a summer holiday in Spain - 15 Aug, 2012 @ 10:28
- Gibraltar’s biggest ever dance festival set to attract some of the best DJs to the Rock - 27 Jul, 2012 @ 11:46