THERE was a distinctly international feel to this year’s Independence Day celebrations on the Costa del Sol.
Not least for the 70 members and guests of the American Club’s Estepona Chapter who dressed head-to-toe in patriotic red, white and blue for the July 4 festivities.
The event – held at Floria Chiringuito – saw an eclectic mix of 15 different nationalities party the night away.
Guests enjoyed an American-style BBQ including burgers, hot dogs and corn on the cob before tucking into a cake decorated with the American flag.
The evening celebrations continued with a bonfire and entertainment as guests sang and danced well into the night.
- Fake Ferrari gang busted in Spain - 31 Jul, 2013 @ 19:33
- Sunday shopping for cruise passengers in Malaga - 30 Jul, 2013 @ 19:40
- Socialists demand Rajoy resignation over payment scandal - 3 Feb, 2013 @ 22:18
- Spanish border police accused of discrimination by Gibraltar MEP - 3 Feb, 2013 @ 21:25
- Donana under threat from gas extraction - 3 Feb, 2013 @ 09:30
- Duchess of York’s friend killed in Marbella blaze - 3 Feb, 2013 @ 09:00
- Massage therapy on rise in Spain - 2 Feb, 2013 @ 15:34
- Spanish art fair pays collectors to attend - 30 Jan, 2013 @ 12:38
- Fresh ideas - 29 Jan, 2013 @ 14:00
- Fighting the fat in Spain - 29 Jan, 2013 @ 11:02