THEY targeted some of Spain’s top restaurants, leading to them being dubbed the ‘Gastro Gang’.
But now police have finally bagged the group, who broke into a string of Michelin-starred restaurants in northern Spain.
The thieves – of eastern European origin – disabled alarms at eateries including Arzak, Berasategui and Akelarre.
The well-organised gang, who were living in Torrevieja, targeted several other restaurants and are understood to have had safehouses in Madrid.
- Fake Ferrari gang busted in Spain - 31 Jul, 2013 @ 19:33
- Sunday shopping for cruise passengers in Malaga - 30 Jul, 2013 @ 19:40
- Socialists demand Rajoy resignation over payment scandal - 3 Feb, 2013 @ 22:18
- Spanish border police accused of discrimination by Gibraltar MEP - 3 Feb, 2013 @ 21:25
- Donana under threat from gas extraction - 3 Feb, 2013 @ 09:30
- Duchess of York’s friend killed in Marbella blaze - 3 Feb, 2013 @ 09:00
- Massage therapy on rise in Spain - 2 Feb, 2013 @ 15:34
- Spanish art fair pays collectors to attend - 30 Jan, 2013 @ 12:38
- Fresh ideas - 29 Jan, 2013 @ 14:00
- Fighting the fat in Spain - 29 Jan, 2013 @ 11:02