FOR the last eight years Casanis has never stopped re-inventing itself.
So it was little surprise to learn that the popular Marbella restaurant has recently added a new branch in central Madrid.
“It keeps going onwards and upwards,” says Belgium owner Guy Sirre, 45, who arrived in Marbella via a career straddling Michelin-starred restaurants in France, London and San Francisco.
Also the owner of nearby Casa Mono, the entrepreneur has worked hard to create the perfect vibe.
Refining its cuisine, looking for new recipes and expanding its menu, the intimate spot has become, without a doubt, one of Marbella’s most exciting places to eat.
Set in a typical Andalucian townhouse – based around an evocative patio – there is a very distinct ambience at work.
Its head chef Fabian Cangas has been at the helm since day one, but frequently taking time out to train at different restaurants around the world.
His attention to detail and passion for food is immediately obvious, with a broad and inspiring menu, always including specials of the day.
Using as much local produce as possible from his daily trips to the local markets, Fabian knocks up fabulously fresh dishes.
The wine list is excellent and the regulars keep coming back.
Come in winter and sit by a roaring fire, or book the private salon for that special event for up to 30 people.
Open from 9.30am every day until midnight.
C/ Ancha 8, Casco Antiguo, 29600 Marbella
Tel: 952 900 450
- Avocados in Spain at risk of devastation from fungus transmitted by beetles - 20 Dec, 2012 @ 08:26
- Junta introduces bike scheme but fails to reduce 263-strong fleet of company cars - 19 Dec, 2012 @ 08:12
- Descendants of Sephardic Jews gain automatic citizenship in Spain - 18 Dec, 2012 @ 13:00
- Phoenix Campaign meeting under way this morning to help fire victims rebuild their homes - 18 Dec, 2012 @ 11:15
- Oil painting by Ecco Homo ‘restorer’ fetches €1,080 on eBay - 18 Dec, 2012 @ 11:10
- Females twice as likely as men to opt for herbal medicine - 17 Dec, 2012 @ 11:48
- Man charged after selling fake magnetic therapy machine for €1,200 - 16 Dec, 2012 @ 15:29
- Gambling conference attracts 200 former addicts - 16 Dec, 2012 @ 08:05
- IU boss ‘tremendous disappointed’ after ERE report rejected by Junta - 15 Dec, 2012 @ 12:41
- Anchovy fishing to continue in Spain following quota swap - 15 Dec, 2012 @ 08:10