THE family of murdered Spanish teenager Marta del Castillo has called for the retrial of three suspects cleared of any involvement in their daughter’s death.
Castillo’s former boyfriend Miguel Carcanohas was sentenced to 20 years in prison after being found guilty of killing her by hitting her over the head with an ashtray in January 2009.
Three other people appeared in the dock alongside Carcanohas but were acquitted of attempting to cover up the murder, and of helping to dispose of the body, which has never been found.
The prosecution had called for Carcanohas to be handed a 52-year sentence for murder and rape.
Carcanohas’ defence team is to appeal against the sentence, calling for a reduced term of 10-12 years.
- Fake Ferrari gang busted in Spain - 31 Jul, 2013 @ 19:33
- Sunday shopping for cruise passengers in Malaga - 30 Jul, 2013 @ 19:40
- Socialists demand Rajoy resignation over payment scandal - 3 Feb, 2013 @ 22:18
- Spanish border police accused of discrimination by Gibraltar MEP - 3 Feb, 2013 @ 21:25
- Donana under threat from gas extraction - 3 Feb, 2013 @ 09:30
- Duchess of York’s friend killed in Marbella blaze - 3 Feb, 2013 @ 09:00
- Massage therapy on rise in Spain - 2 Feb, 2013 @ 15:34
- Spanish art fair pays collectors to attend - 30 Jan, 2013 @ 12:38
- Fresh ideas - 29 Jan, 2013 @ 14:00
- Fighting the fat in Spain - 29 Jan, 2013 @ 11:02