THE Olive Press is the proud winner of the 2011 Costa Press Club Communicator Award.
Reporters Eloise Horsfield, James Bryce and Wendy Williams were praised for their outstanding contribution to investigative journalism on the Costa del Sol over the last year.
While the prize is usually awarded to two entrants, this year the Olive Press made a clean sweep as the sole winner.
“We’re really very proud,” said Olive Press editor Jon Clarke at the ceremony, held at Hotel Tamisa Golf in Mijas last night.
“My team are all qualified journalists who work really hard to make the Olive Press what it is, and it’s great they have been recognised for all their hard work,” he added.
The award – based on the same principles as the prestigious Pulitzer Prize – recognises journalistic excellence across a range of topics, including crime, health and the environment.
- Avocados in Spain at risk of devastation from fungus transmitted by beetles - 20 Dec, 2012 @ 08:26
- Junta introduces bike scheme but fails to reduce 263-strong fleet of company cars - 19 Dec, 2012 @ 08:12
- Descendants of Sephardic Jews gain automatic citizenship in Spain - 18 Dec, 2012 @ 13:00
- Phoenix Campaign meeting under way this morning to help fire victims rebuild their homes - 18 Dec, 2012 @ 11:15
- Oil painting by Ecco Homo ‘restorer’ fetches €1,080 on eBay - 18 Dec, 2012 @ 11:10
- Females twice as likely as men to opt for herbal medicine - 17 Dec, 2012 @ 11:48
- Man charged after selling fake magnetic therapy machine for €1,200 - 16 Dec, 2012 @ 15:29
- Gambling conference attracts 200 former addicts - 16 Dec, 2012 @ 08:05
- IU boss ‘tremendous disappointed’ after ERE report rejected by Junta - 15 Dec, 2012 @ 12:41
- Anchovy fishing to continue in Spain following quota swap - 15 Dec, 2012 @ 08:10