- OP Xtreme
- Business & Finance
- Crime & Law
- Food Drink
- News Features
- Eating Out
- Andalucia Property Search
The Olive Press scoops Costa Press Club awards
• L-R CPC's Jesper Sander Pedersen, Olive Press editor Jon Clarke, reporters James Bryce and Eloise Horsfield and CPC's Jack Nusbaum (Photo by Paul O'Connell)
THE Olive Press is the proud winner of the 2011 Costa Press Club Communicator Award.
Reporters Eloise Horsfield, James Bryce and Wendy Williams were praised for their outstanding contribution to investigative journalism on the Costa del Sol over the last year.
While the prize is usually awarded to two entrants, this year the Olive Press made a clean sweep as the sole winner.
“We’re really very proud,” said Olive Press editor Jon Clarke at the ceremony, held at Hotel Tamisa Golf in Mijas last night.
“My team are all qualified journalists who work really hard to make the Olive Press what it is, and it’s great they have been recognised for all their hard work,” he added.
The award – based on the same principles as the prestigious Pulitzer Prize – recognises journalistic excellence across a range of topics, including crime, health and the environment.
Reader Comments »
Messages will be moderated or deleted if they:
• Are considered likely to disrupt, provoke, attack or offend others
• Are racist, sexist, homophobic, sexually explicit, abusive or otherwise objectionable
• Contain swear words or other language likely to offend
• Break the law or condone or encourage unlawful activity. This includes breach of copyright, defamation and contempt of court
• Advertise products or services for profit or gain
• Are seen to impersonate someone else
• Include contact details such as phone numbers, postal or email addresses
• Describe or encourage activities which could endanger the safety or well-being of others
Latest news from the Olive Press...
A local police officer accused of killing a woman has been found dead in his prison cell…