- OP Xtreme
- Business & Finance
- Crime & Law
- Food Drink
- News Features
- Eating Out
- Andalucia Property Search
Rafael Nadal’s designer watch pinched during French Open final
• Nadal's watch was stolen from a Paris hotel room on Monday night
RAFA Nadal’s €300,ooo watch was stolen from his Paris hotel room as he was claiming the French Open title on Monday.
The world number two had been lent the Richard Mille designer watch for the duration of the tournament.
He had left it in his luxury hotel room in the French capital’s eighth arondissement while he went off to complete the rain-delayed final against Serb Novak Djokovich.
But on Tuesday, Nadal’s parents discovered the expensive watch had been pinched from his hotel room.
Through magnetic key card records the culprit was quickly traced, and a 39-year-old barman was arrested on Tuesday.
The watch was later recovered alongside a railway track in a southern Paris suburb.
Nadal won the French Open in four sets, claiming his seventh title – beating Born Bjorg’s record of six.
Reader Comments »
Messages will be moderated or deleted if they:
• Are considered likely to disrupt, provoke, attack or offend others
• Are racist, sexist, homophobic, sexually explicit, abusive or otherwise objectionable
• Contain swear words or other language likely to offend
• Break the law or condone or encourage unlawful activity. This includes breach of copyright, defamation and contempt of court
• Advertise products or services for profit or gain
• Are seen to impersonate someone else
• Include contact details such as phone numbers, postal or email addresses
• Describe or encourage activities which could endanger the safety or well-being of others
Latest news from the Olive Press...
Police make two record drug hauls in one week…