A BRITISH golfer has won her first professional title in Spain.
In only her second game as pro, Holly Clyburn, 21, from Cleethorpes, beat Spaniard Carmen Alonso at the Banesto Tour tournament in Valencia.
“When I got to the 18th, a Spanish guy who was running the tournament drove down in his buggy and told us that Carmen had made birdie and was now leading the tournament,” said Clyburn.
“He obviously wanted her to win, so that made me even more determined to make the birdie I needed to force a play-off.
“Despite the pressure, I kept calm, did what I needed to do, and made that putt.”
“It’s just hit me really, to get a professional title so soon is fabulous,” said the young star.
Clyburn will travel to Morocco next month for the 2013 Ladies European Tour (LET) tournament qualifying round.
And the win in Valencia has given the golfer confidence for her trip to Marrakech adding: “I know I just need to do what I’ve done in Spain.
“It will be a long two weeks there, so it’s nice to be able to go in feeling confident in my game and in myself.”
- Speed cameras fitted at Costa del Sol blackspot - 4 Jul, 2013 @ 16:58
- Restaurant review: Iglu - 4 Jul, 2013 @ 16:51
- Barcenas appeals jail sentence and denies ‘flight risk’ claim - 3 Jul, 2013 @ 16:09
- Socialist minister embroiled in Andalucia unemployment scandal - 2 Jul, 2013 @ 18:04
- Former PP treasurer is jailed in Madrid - 1 Jul, 2013 @ 12:43
- Mass grave excavated in Ronda - 28 Jun, 2013 @ 17:56
- Outrage after top bullfighter posts pit-bull attack on Facebook - 28 Jun, 2013 @ 17:46
- Health cuts could cost lives warn Spanish doctors - 28 Jun, 2013 @ 17:06
- UK government to strip expats of Winter Fuel Allowance - 28 Jun, 2013 @ 12:46
- Picardo calls on Cameron over Gibraltar jet ski shooting - 27 Jun, 2013 @ 16:36