- OP Xtreme
- Business & Finance
- Crime & Law
- Food Drink
- News Features
- Insurance Doctor
- Jack Gaioni
- Legal Issues
- Loud and Clear
- Market Mumbles
- Mistress of Sizzle
- Property Insider
- Road to Riches
- Eating Out
- Andalucia Property Search
- Green Guide Spain
- SITE INFO
- Data Protection
Wife appeals for paedophile Robert Bill’s capture after second incident
• Robert Bill with his estranged wife, Jackie
Do you have news for us?
Click to contact the newsdesk!
By Frances Leate
POLICE are still desperately trying to find a dangerous paedophile after another attempted abduction of a girl in Velez-Malaga.
Spanish police have been searching for Robert Edward Bill, 58, since November 19 when a 12-year-old girl was dragged into a car outside the court building in the town.
Now police have stepped up their search after a man in his 50s tried to bundle a young girl in his car on December 10.
Following sightings of Bill in the area his son, Stephen Bill and wife, Jackie, have both appealed for his capture.
Describing him as a “dangerous” and “evil” man, his wife of more than 30 years has called on him to hand himself in.
She said: “He has no life now and should turn himself in. Neither me or our four sons have any contact with him anymore.”
In 2009, before the couple divorced, Mrs Bill and her son David admitted perverting the course of justice to protect Bill by destroying his laptop computer, which contained scores of indecent images of children.
However, she claims that at that time she believed her husband to be innocent but now accepts her and her family was deceived for more than three decades of marriage.
Bill was jailed for 18 months for indecent assault and trying to kidnap a seven-year-old girl near his hometown in North Wales.
Speaking exclusively to the Olive Press, Bill’s son, Stephen, 26, said he was outraged his father was even allowed to come to Spain in August this year.
He called for changes in the law after the convicted sex offender and ex-teacher was able to board a plane and set up home in Competa.
Just days later, he had secured a job at El Pino Properties in TorroxPark and befriended the unknowing expat community.
A new international initiative to prevent UK sex offenders travelling to other countries has now been launched in Spain.
The International Child Protection Certificate was launched during a two day meeting between specialist Spanish officers and UK authorities.
The certificate is a new police check for UK nationals who are travelling and working overseas, and will help identify and screen out those who are unsuitable to be working with children.
Reader Comments »
The views expressed in the comments above are those of our users and do not necessarily reflect the views of the Olive Press.
Messages will be moderated or deleted if they:
• Are considered likely to disrupt, provoke, attack or offend others
• Are racist, sexist, homophobic, sexually explicit, abusive or otherwise objectionable
• Contain swear words or other language likely to offend
• Break the law or condone or encourage unlawful activity. This includes breach of copyright, defamation and contempt of court
• Advertise products or services for profit or gain
• Are seen to impersonate someone else
• Include contact details such as phone numbers, postal or email addresses
• Describe or encourage activities which could endanger the safety or well-being of others
• If you have a complaint about a comment please email [email protected]