AN expat with a chronic disease who is preparing to return to the UK is appealing for a new home for her beloved dog.
Tara Benedict, 50, of Estepona, Spain, suffers from bowel disease and has fallen into financial difficulty.
Unable to get the support she needs in Spain, she is preparing to return to the UK to seek the help and advice she so desperately needs.
But she has had to make the heartbreaking decision to re-home her 7-year-old Boxer dog, Fleur, who she has had since finding her as a puppy on the streets of Fuengirola.
She said: “I am barely well enough to even get myself back but there is no way I could do it with a dog as well.
“I have no choice, I need to be repatriated by the UK and re-home my beloved dog, I have thought long and hard about it.
“It would take such a weight off my mind to know someone could take her and love her.”
She added: “All I want, more than anything in the world, is to find a good home for her before I go.
“Anyone would be lucky to have her; she is a beautiful dog.”
Fleur has been spade, is good with children and is in good health with all her vaccinations up to date.
Anyone who might be able to give Fleur a good home can contact Tara via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 672926573.
- Junta de Andalucia accused of human rights abuses - 25 Apr, 2013 @ 15:07
- Mammoth wasp nest found in abandoned property - 25 Apr, 2013 @ 14:58
- Shamed Spanish councillor goes topless - 21 Apr, 2013 @ 11:49
- See you later alligator! - 19 Apr, 2013 @ 11:20
- Not on our doorsteps! - 14 Apr, 2013 @ 10:32
- ‘Help us access our homes’, plead pensioners - 13 Apr, 2013 @ 10:57
- Lanzarote child abduction: Man arrested - 12 Apr, 2013 @ 13:41
- Big cats are back - 11 Apr, 2013 @ 17:27
- March sees worst rainfall in 60 years in Andalucia - 31 Mar, 2013 @ 09:01
- Feared and celebrated bull in Spain has died - 30 Mar, 2013 @ 08:50