- OP Xtreme
- Business & Finance
- Crime & Law
- Food Drink
- News Features
- Eating Out
- Andalucia Property Search
King of Spain faces fresh embarrassment
January 20, 2013 at
1:15 pm • LAST EDITED:
February 9, 2013 at
National News • 1 Comments
• King Carlos and Corinna zu Sayn-Wittgenstein
IN what could see his popularity plummet further, King Juan Carlos faces more embarrassment over the threatened release of 200 emails.
One of the emails, which has already been leaked, is said to cause speculation regarding the friendship of King Carlos and German aristocrat Corinna zu Sayn-Wittgenstein.
Sayn-Wittgenstein, who is 28 years younger than King Carlos, first made headlines when it was revealed she had accompanied him on his much publicised elephant hunt last year.
The documents are currently in the hands of Diego Torres, former business partner and alleged co-conspirator in the on-going case of the Kings son-in-law Inaki Urdangarin.
In what has been called ‘public blackmail’, Torres has said he will release the 200 emails unless prosecutors spare him jail for the embezzlement charges he faces.
He and Urdangarin are accused of embezzling public funds through a non-profit organisation he chaired in Majorca.
Reader Comments »
Messages will be moderated or deleted if they:
• Are considered likely to disrupt, provoke, attack or offend others
• Are racist, sexist, homophobic, sexually explicit, abusive or otherwise objectionable
• Contain swear words or other language likely to offend
• Break the law or condone or encourage unlawful activity. This includes breach of copyright, defamation and contempt of court
• Advertise products or services for profit or gain
• Are seen to impersonate someone else
• Include contact details such as phone numbers, postal or email addresses
• Describe or encourage activities which could endanger the safety or well-being of others
Latest news from the Olive Press...
A local police officer accused of killing a woman has been found dead in his prison cell…