THE happy couple said they were ‘tremendously happy and excited’ about the imminent arrival of their second child.
In our last print edition, The Olive Press told how Cruz had been spotted at a top gynaecologist in Madrid and that she could be expecting a second child with actor husband, Javier Bardem.
Responding to increasing speculation, the 38-year-old actress confirmed through her publicist that she was expecting and would be unable to travel to Spain for an awards show on February 17.
She has been nominated for Best Leading Actress at the Goya awards in Spain and because of her condition didn’t want to take a long haul flight, her publicist Javier Giner told broadcaster RTVE.
Penelope and husband Javier Bardem – who first met when starring in Spanish classic Jamon Jamon 20 years ago- started dating in 2007 and married in early July 2010 in an intimate ceremony at a friend’s home in the Bahamas.
They have a two-year-old son called Leo.
The couple has previously said how they are determined to keep their young family out of the public eye.
She said: “I want my son and my kids – if I have more – to grow up in a way that is as anonymous as possible.
“The fact that his father and I have chosen to do the work we do doesn’t give anybody the right to invade our privacy.”
- Junta de Andalucia accused of human rights abuses - 25 Apr, 2013 @ 15:07
- Mammoth wasp nest found in abandoned property - 25 Apr, 2013 @ 14:58
- Shamed Spanish councillor goes topless - 21 Apr, 2013 @ 11:49
- See you later alligator! - 19 Apr, 2013 @ 11:20
- Not on our doorsteps! - 14 Apr, 2013 @ 10:32
- ‘Help us access our homes’, plead pensioners - 13 Apr, 2013 @ 10:57
- Lanzarote child abduction: Man arrested - 12 Apr, 2013 @ 13:41
- Big cats are back - 11 Apr, 2013 @ 17:27
- March sees worst rainfall in 60 years in Andalucia - 31 Mar, 2013 @ 09:01
- Feared and celebrated bull in Spain has died - 30 Mar, 2013 @ 08:50