THE husband of a Marbella wedding planner who vanished with thousands of euros in deposits has been arrested in Ireland.
Howard Danker, married to Sue Danker of Spanish Dream Weddings, has been arrested in Dublin after a fraud probe by garda officers.
It is believed detectives began investigating Danker’s property assets after he and his wife fled Marbella in September last year.
It can also be revealed that Danker is the brother-in-law of Ireland’s Justice Minister Alan Shatter.
The Olive Press first reported on the couple in issue 146 after Sue Danker allegedly left several couples high and dry on on the day of their wedding, pocketing funds for suppliers.
Last month, 31-year-old groom Keith Comerford told the Olive Press he is still owed money by Danker and called for more victims to come forward.
“The Department of Public Prosecution said that they’re not legally allowed to contact people, but if enough people report her and there is a strong enough case they might send an investigator out to Spain,” said the Dubliner.
- Speed cameras fitted at Costa del Sol blackspot - 4 Jul, 2013 @ 16:58
- Restaurant review: Iglu - 4 Jul, 2013 @ 16:51
- Barcenas appeals jail sentence and denies ‘flight risk’ claim - 3 Jul, 2013 @ 16:09
- Socialist minister embroiled in Andalucia unemployment scandal - 2 Jul, 2013 @ 18:04
- Former PP treasurer is jailed in Madrid - 1 Jul, 2013 @ 12:43
- Mass grave excavated in Ronda - 28 Jun, 2013 @ 17:56
- Outrage after top bullfighter posts pit-bull attack on Facebook - 28 Jun, 2013 @ 17:46
- Health cuts could cost lives warn Spanish doctors - 28 Jun, 2013 @ 17:06
- UK government to strip expats of Winter Fuel Allowance - 28 Jun, 2013 @ 12:46
- Picardo calls on Cameron over Gibraltar jet ski shooting - 27 Jun, 2013 @ 16:36