- OP Xtreme
- Business & Finance
- Crime & Law
- Food Drink
- News Features
- Insurance Doctor
- Jack Gaioni
- Legal Issues
- Loud and Clear
- Market Mumbles
- Mistress of Sizzle
- Property Insider
- Road to Riches
- Eating Out
- Andalucia Property Search
- Green Guide Spain
Lennon returns to the Rock
Do you have news for us?
Click to contact the newsdesk!
HE will be the second famous Lennon to visit the Rock.
Julian Lennon is to make an emotional visit to Gibraltar, where his Beatle father John got married in 1969.
The star in his own right, who lives in France, is due to make a flying visit on May 23.
The singer, the son of Lennon’s first wife Cynthia, is scheduled to visit the International Beatles Memorabilia and Julian Lennon Collection exhibition.
Show organiser David Giles told the Olive Press: “It’s a really exciting for us to have Julian visiting his own exhibition.
“It’s a massive coup for the Rock.”
The exhibition is a personal and intimate journey which portrays the story of his father, one of the world’s most iconic figures, through his eyes. It is the first time it has been out of Liverpool.
Gibraltar has a third connection with The Beatles, as Lennon’s own father Alf visited the enclave as a merchant seaman in the 1930s.
Reader Comments »
The views expressed in the comments above are those of our users and do not necessarily reflect the views of the Olive Press.
Messages will be moderated or deleted if they:
• Are considered likely to disrupt, provoke, attack or offend others
• Are racist, sexist, homophobic, sexually explicit, abusive or otherwise objectionable
• Contain swear words or other language likely to offend
• Break the law or condone or encourage unlawful activity. This includes breach of copyright, defamation and contempt of court
• Advertise products or services for profit or gain
• Are seen to impersonate someone else
• Include contact details such as phone numbers, postal or email addresses
• Describe or encourage activities which could endanger the safety or well-being of others
• If you have a complaint about a comment please email [email protected]