Sean Connery has been ordered to answer questions about a Spanish property deal or face possible arrest.
The 82-year-old Scotsman and his wife, Micheline Roquebrune, have been given six months to cooperate with investigations into the sale of a villa in Marbella.
A probe was launched when the property, Casa Malibu, was sold by the couple in 1999 and later turned into 72 apartments.
However, prosecutors claim planning regulations only allowed a maximum of five apartments to be built on the site.
Connery and his wife cited old-age and poor health as reasons for failing to appear at a 2010 hearing, agreeing instead to answer a list of questions in writing.
Three years later the judge, who is still waiting for a response from the James Bond star, has now issued a six-month deadline.
Over 15 people, including former Marbella mayor Julian Munoz and ex-planning chief Juan Antonio Roca, face being tried in connection with the property.
Crimes being investigated in the case include money-laundering, planning violations and tax evasion.
Both Munoz and Roca are currently in jail on corruption charges.
The actor’s wife has previously denied any wrong-doing.
“These allegations of money-laundering are nonsense,” said Roquebrune.
“ We have nothing to do with this. We sold the property and that is it,” she added.
- Speed cameras fitted at Costa del Sol blackspot - 4 Jul, 2013 @ 16:58
- Restaurant review: Iglu - 4 Jul, 2013 @ 16:51
- Barcenas appeals jail sentence and denies ‘flight risk’ claim - 3 Jul, 2013 @ 16:09
- Socialist minister embroiled in Andalucia unemployment scandal - 2 Jul, 2013 @ 18:04
- Former PP treasurer is jailed in Madrid - 1 Jul, 2013 @ 12:43
- Mass grave excavated in Ronda - 28 Jun, 2013 @ 17:56
- Outrage after top bullfighter posts pit-bull attack on Facebook - 28 Jun, 2013 @ 17:46
- Health cuts could cost lives warn Spanish doctors - 28 Jun, 2013 @ 17:06
- UK government to strip expats of Winter Fuel Allowance - 28 Jun, 2013 @ 12:46
- Picardo calls on Cameron over Gibraltar jet ski shooting - 27 Jun, 2013 @ 16:36