A RARE white rhino has been born in a Spanish nature park.
Called Red, the baby was the first new arrival to the Cabarceno Wildlife Park since 1997.
It is notoriously difficult to get rhinos to breed in captivity, and Red is eight-year-old mother Zola’s first baby.
Photographer and musician Marina Cano was the first to picture the calf.
She said: “It was really touching watching him, he was so playful – strong, but at the same time he looked so vulnerable.
“Photographers usually say they capture images, but for me the opposite is true, animals have captured me.”
- Gib’s Got Talent! - 23 Mar, 2014 @ 18:30
- Artists put best foot forward in Velez-Malaga - 23 Mar, 2014 @ 14:30
- UK hospital boss in hot water over Ibiza break - 23 Mar, 2014 @ 10:30
- Float on Gibraltar - 23 Mar, 2014 @ 06:30
- Gibraltar gets dancing - 22 Mar, 2014 @ 18:30
- EU imposes strict rules on carbon emissions - 22 Mar, 2014 @ 14:30
- Axarquia mayor resigns over unsporting behavior - 22 Mar, 2014 @ 10:30
- Trouble in the skies over Gibraltar - 22 Mar, 2014 @ 06:30
- Lenox Napier found guilty of defaming the Euesdens - 20 Mar, 2014 @ 10:28
- Spanish pizza chain La Mafia sparks outrage in Italy - 18 Mar, 2014 @ 18:40