KING Felipe VI’s nephew will not be going to Sussex to continue his studies despite his mother’s trip to the UK to find a suitable boarding school.
Felipe Juan Froilán, 16, was kicked out of Santa María del Pilar college as is their policy regarding those who fail their end-of-year retakes twice.
Princess Elena and ex-husband Jaime de Marichalar considered sending him back to the UK where he studied between 2010-11 but decided to send him to the Sagrada Familia de Sigüenza (SFS) episcopal college instead.
The royal is often referred to as the black sheep of the family though his failing grades have been linked to his parents’ divorce and media harassment.
- Police uncover 36 Egyptian artefacts in Valencia - 1 Feb, 2015 @ 12:00
- Zara boss buys iconic building on Madrid’s Gran Via - 1 Feb, 2015 @ 11:00
- Huge sports complex to open in Sabinillas - 1 Feb, 2015 @ 08:00
- Expat searches for ‘perfect home’ for Costa del Sol turtle - 31 Jan, 2015 @ 11:00
- ‘Tolkien universe’ theme park to open in Rincon de la Victoria - 30 Jan, 2015 @ 17:24
- IMF raises Spain’s growth forecast saying it has entered a ‘virtous circle’ - 30 Jan, 2015 @ 08:00
- Organic success in Marbella - 30 Jan, 2015 @ 08:00
- European Central Bank to buy 10% of Spain’s public debt - 29 Jan, 2015 @ 18:09
- WikiLeaks threaten legal action after Google hand over journalist email data to US government - 28 Jan, 2015 @ 13:47
- Swans talent show stuns audience - 28 Jan, 2015 @ 08:00