WHEN British couple Andy and Debbie Wilkes moved to Competa just over a decade ago they decided to open a shop serving the surrounding Axarquia area.Click to download our FREE guide to the Axarquia
Falling in love with the town, the former IT consultants, hoped that selling a mix of British foods, plus local arts and crafts would prove to be profitable.
And so it came to pass, with the shop Sugar and Spice thriving to become one of the true success stories of the town.
Now ten years on, they have a second shop across the road specialising in bespoke furniture, mostly imported from Morocco.
Their love for Moroccan furniture began after an Easter trip, where they fell in love with the arabesque furniture.
As well as the furniture they also stock many other Moroccan crafts produced in the souks by artisans, all at excellent prices.
As Debbie explains: “As the furniture side of the business started to grow we increased not only our range of furniture but also giftware. We’re always on the look-out for something a bit different and try to keep the ranges constantly changing.”
And while the furniture side of the business takes precedent, the food side has also continued to grow.
“Our customers have helped us develop our range of baking products and also kept us in touch with what’s hot on the biscuits and cakes front.
“And one thing we’ve learnt is that people like variety so we also have plenty of spices and ingredients from around the world.”
And to help their customers, they even have a selection of recipes on their website.
Another branch to the company is the ladies boutique, provide style at affordable prices with individually picked items and plenty of choice.
For more information visit www.sugarandspice.es
- Popular Casino Games Across Europe - 21 Jan, 2019 @ 16:14
- OPINION: Why Mijas needs to see serious change in 2019 - 20 Jan, 2019 @ 17:36
- Is your home in Spain ready for the cold? - 19 Jan, 2019 @ 10:30
- Travelling to Spain? Don’t forget about online safety - 17 Jan, 2019 @ 14:56
- The gambling industry: Spain’s only economic hope? - 17 Jan, 2019 @ 12:00
- BREXIT: Ryanair gets new license to operate in UK in event of no deal - 13 Jan, 2019 @ 13:00
- ENTIRE village in Spain on Gwyneth Paltrow’s Christmas wish list snapped up by EXPATS for just €150k - 13 Jan, 2019 @ 10:00
- Flu EPIDEMIC to rock Andalucia next week as illness spreads through Spain - 11 Jan, 2019 @ 14:57
- Tunf Separates the Good Casino Bonuses From the Bad - 10 Jan, 2019 @ 10:44
- Children receive the Magi in the Sierra Nevada - 6 Jan, 2019 @ 18:16