A YOUTH who was the victim of a gangland shooting two months ago, has been stabbed in a new incident.
Andres Ruiz – who was shot with his girlfriend in La Cala del Moral in May- was stabbed twice in the abdomen as he celebrated the Rincon de la Victoria feria.
Ruiz, 21, had to be rushed to Malaga´s Carlos Haya hospital, where his condition is described as “stable”.
A 17-year-old youth from Benalgabon has now been charged with attempted murder, after the fight broke out between two gangs on Saturday night.
The stabbing took place after one of the gangs fired an air pistol at their rivals, who were riding the bumper cars.
A second youth – who is understood to be under 16 – was arrested after he hospitalised another member of the gang with a bottle.
Police are also seeking a third youth who allegedly stabbed another victim.
The trouble has been brewing for a number of years between the two gangs from La Cala del Moral and Benalgabon, sources told the Olive Press.
But, the violence came to a head on May 4, when Ruiz and his girlfriend, 19, were shot as they sat on a park bench in Plaza Gloria Fuertes in La Cala.
The couple suffered multiple injuries, with Ruiz in particular receiving 72 shotgun pellet wounds in his hands and wrists.
He told a local newspaper: “I just had time to cover my face with my arms and hands to stop my face getting shot.”
The couple´s attackers drove off in a white Peugeot 205, but were apprehended two hours later.
They have been charged with the attack, but were allowed out on bail.
- OPINION: Amid Champions League final ecstasy and agony, Brit fans in Madrid did us proud - 7 Jun, 2019 @ 14:48
- ON THE CHEAP The Germans in Madrid wishing for Champions League final success - 1 Jun, 2019 @ 14:31
- OPINION: Expats will make all the difference in tomorrow’s elections, both as candidates and in the polling booths - 25 May, 2019 @ 11:45
- IN PICS: This paradise retreat has won international acclaim and is just 15 minutes from Spain’s Costa del Sol (read for special Olive Press offer) - 17 May, 2019 @ 09:37
- EXCLUSIVE : Over 96% of Madrid’s hotels FULL as prices skyrocket to €26,000 for two nights on Champions League weekend - 11 May, 2019 @ 16:26
- Freddie Starr dies in Spain - 9 May, 2019 @ 23:50
- Madrid’s born-again Gran Hotel Ingles is the lap of Belle Epoque luxury, discovers Olive Press editor Jon Clarke - 5 May, 2019 @ 10:08
- Witnesses describe ‘bloodbath’ after British soldier ‘glassed by her pal’ in Mallorca club - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 10:45
- La La lovin’ it! New organic olive oil ‘experience’ in Ronda - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 14:27
- The Cat’s Whiskers: Is Sierra de Gata Spain’s most delightful region? - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 10:00