A YOUTH who was the victim of a gangland shooting two months ago, has been stabbed in a new incident.
Andres Ruiz – who was shot with his girlfriend in La Cala del Moral in May- was stabbed twice in the abdomen as he celebrated the Rincon de la Victoria feria.
Ruiz, 21, had to be rushed to Malaga´s Carlos Haya hospital, where his condition is described as “stable”.
A 17-year-old youth from Benalgabon has now been charged with attempted murder, after the fight broke out between two gangs on Saturday night.
The stabbing took place after one of the gangs fired an air pistol at their rivals, who were riding the bumper cars.
A second youth – who is understood to be under 16 – was arrested after he hospitalised another member of the gang with a bottle.
Police are also seeking a third youth who allegedly stabbed another victim.
The trouble has been brewing for a number of years between the two gangs from La Cala del Moral and Benalgabon, sources told the Olive Press.
But, the violence came to a head on May 4, when Ruiz and his girlfriend, 19, were shot as they sat on a park bench in Plaza Gloria Fuertes in La Cala.
The couple suffered multiple injuries, with Ruiz in particular receiving 72 shotgun pellet wounds in his hands and wrists.
He told a local newspaper: “I just had time to cover my face with my arms and hands to stop my face getting shot.”
The couple´s attackers drove off in a white Peugeot 205, but were apprehended two hours later.
They have been charged with the attack, but were allowed out on bail.
- Witnesses describe ‘bloodbath’ after British soldier ‘glassed by her pal’ in Mallorca club - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 10:45
- La La lovin’ it! New organic olive oil ‘experience’ in Ronda - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 14:27
- The Cat’s Whiskers: Is Sierra de Gata Spain’s most delightful region? - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 10:00
- Why Sotogrande’s La Gran Reserva is one of Andalucia’s most exciting new developments - 23 Nov, 2018 @ 12:15
- How the Olive Press has survived 300 issues – and is continuing to grow - 14 Sep, 2018 @ 09:48
- How a Costa del Sol-based financial services business gives back to the community - 18 Aug, 2018 @ 16:58
- ‘Evil’ monkey dubbed Dracula robs British family of cash and passports on Gibraltar’s Skywalk - 22 Jul, 2018 @ 12:32
- West End comes to Sotogrande in aid of charity - 24 Jun, 2018 @ 14:14
- Olive Press publisher Jon Clarke gets five star access to Spain’s three Michelin Star heroes - 1 Apr, 2018 @ 15:00
- NICE ONE SON: Valldemossa’s Son Viscos is the perfect B&B for a weekend escape - 21 Mar, 2018 @ 11:00