THE brother of famous Spanish actress Aitana Sanchez-Gijon has ended a hunger strike to get his chiringuito re-opened.
Eloy Sanchez-Gijon – boss of the well-known La Gata restaurant in Zahara de los Atunes – gave up after a week in his last-ditch bid to end the one-month ban imposed.
A controversial report sent by the Guardia Civil warned that staff tolerated drug use on site.
“These charges are complete lies and closing us down until the middle of August will ruin us,” said Sanchez-Gijon.
His glamorous sister, Aitana, has starred in various Hollywood hits including A Walk in the Clouds and The Machinist, with British actor Christian Bale.
- Witnesses describe ‘bloodbath’ after British soldier ‘glassed by her pal’ in Mallorca club - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 10:45
- La La lovin’ it! New organic olive oil ‘experience’ in Ronda - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 14:27
- The Cat’s Whiskers: Is Sierra de Gata Spain’s most delightful region? - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 10:00
- Why Sotogrande’s La Gran Reserva is one of Andalucia’s most exciting new developments - 23 Nov, 2018 @ 12:15
- How the Olive Press has survived 300 issues – and is continuing to grow - 14 Sep, 2018 @ 09:48
- How a Costa del Sol-based financial services business gives back to the community - 18 Aug, 2018 @ 16:58
- ‘Evil’ monkey dubbed Dracula robs British family of cash and passports on Gibraltar’s Skywalk - 22 Jul, 2018 @ 12:32
- West End comes to Sotogrande in aid of charity - 24 Jun, 2018 @ 14:14
- Olive Press publisher Jon Clarke gets five star access to Spain’s three Michelin Star heroes - 1 Apr, 2018 @ 15:00
- NICE ONE SON: Valldemossa’s Son Viscos is the perfect B&B for a weekend escape - 21 Mar, 2018 @ 11:00