TWO husbands have murdered their wives and killed themselves in a week.
Both murders took place at opposite ends of the Serrania de Ronda.
In the first apparent case of domestic violence a husband, 56, shot dead his wife, 52, at their house in Ronda then turned the gun on himself.
Neighbours reported that a loud argument had been heard coming from their house at 9.30pm the previous night.
Just a week later a married couple were found dead just 25 kilometres away in their home in the Sierra de las Nieves village of Tolox.
In another apparent case of domestic violence, the 71-year-old stabbed his wife, 66, before hanging himself.
The first case led to 100 protesters demonstrating against gender violence outside Ronda town hall last Thursday.
- ALIVE AND KICKING: Trio of British rock legends wow the festival crowds at Lisbon’s Nos Alive - 17 Jul, 2019 @ 17:18
- OPINION: Amid Champions League final ecstasy and agony, Brit fans in Madrid did us proud - 7 Jun, 2019 @ 14:48
- ON THE CHEAP The Germans in Madrid wishing for Champions League final success - 1 Jun, 2019 @ 14:31
- OPINION: Expats will make all the difference in tomorrow’s elections, both as candidates and in the polling booths - 25 May, 2019 @ 11:45
- IN PICS: This paradise retreat has won international acclaim and is just 15 minutes from Spain’s Costa del Sol (read for special Olive Press offer) - 17 May, 2019 @ 09:37
- EXCLUSIVE : Over 96% of Madrid’s hotels FULL as prices skyrocket to €26,000 for two nights on Champions League weekend - 11 May, 2019 @ 16:26
- Freddie Starr dies in Spain - 9 May, 2019 @ 23:50
- Madrid’s born-again Gran Hotel Ingles is the lap of Belle Epoque luxury, discovers Olive Press editor Jon Clarke - 5 May, 2019 @ 10:08
- Witnesses describe ‘bloodbath’ after British soldier ‘glassed by her pal’ in Mallorca club - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 10:45
- La La lovin’ it! New organic olive oil ‘experience’ in Ronda - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 14:27