TWO husbands have murdered their wives and killed themselves in a week.
Both murders took place at opposite ends of the Serrania de Ronda.
In the first apparent case of domestic violence a husband, 56, shot dead his wife, 52, at their house in Ronda then turned the gun on himself.
Neighbours reported that a loud argument had been heard coming from their house at 9.30pm the previous night.
Just a week later a married couple were found dead just 25 kilometres away in their home in the Sierra de las Nieves village of Tolox.
In another apparent case of domestic violence, the 71-year-old stabbed his wife, 66, before hanging himself.
The first case led to 100 protesters demonstrating against gender violence outside Ronda town hall last Thursday.
- IN PICS: This paradise retreat has won international acclaim and is just 15 minutes from Spain’s Costa del Sol (read for special Olive Press offer) - 17 May, 2019 @ 09:37
- EXCLUSIVE : Over 96% of Madrid’s hotels FULL as prices skyrocket to €26,000 for two nights on Champions League weekend - 11 May, 2019 @ 16:26
- Freddie Starr dies in Spain - 9 May, 2019 @ 23:50
- Madrid’s born-again Gran Hotel Ingles is the lap of Belle Epoque luxury, discovers Olive Press editor Jon Clarke - 5 May, 2019 @ 10:08
- Witnesses describe ‘bloodbath’ after British soldier ‘glassed by her pal’ in Mallorca club - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 10:45
- La La lovin’ it! New organic olive oil ‘experience’ in Ronda - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 14:27
- The Cat’s Whiskers: Is Sierra de Gata Spain’s most delightful region? - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 10:00
- Why Sotogrande’s La Gran Reserva is one of Andalucia’s most exciting new developments - 23 Nov, 2018 @ 12:15
- How the Olive Press has survived 300 issues – and is continuing to grow - 14 Sep, 2018 @ 09:48
- How a Costa del Sol-based financial services business gives back to the community - 18 Aug, 2018 @ 16:58