A BRITISH woman has bled to death after a freak accident in a Nerja bar.
Mother-of-one, Sally Feelly, 42, tripped and fell and fell onto a glass table, cutting open her armpit in the Balcon de Europa.
Despite friends and bar staff rushing to the hairdressers’ aid, they were unable to stop the heavy bleeding.
She was already unconscious when the ambulance arrived, and died from heart failure caused by the loss of blood on the way to hospital.
A waiter was shocked by the amount of blood Feelly lost. He added: “It is incredible that a simple fall could end a life.”
Feelly – who had a 14-year-old son – had lived in Urbanisation Punta Lara in Nerja for several years.
“It is incredible that a simple fall could end a life.”
One of her friends said: “We can’t believe something like this has happened. She was a young person, healthy and full of life.
“She was not drunk or tipsy when she fell to the ground.
“How is it possible that such a silly accident can have such devastating consequences? It’s absolutely horrific.”
- OPINION: Amid Champions League final ecstasy and agony, Brit fans in Madrid did us proud - 7 Jun, 2019 @ 14:48
- ON THE CHEAP The Germans in Madrid wishing for Champions League final success - 1 Jun, 2019 @ 14:31
- OPINION: Expats will make all the difference in tomorrow’s elections, both as candidates and in the polling booths - 25 May, 2019 @ 11:45
- IN PICS: This paradise retreat has won international acclaim and is just 15 minutes from Spain’s Costa del Sol (read for special Olive Press offer) - 17 May, 2019 @ 09:37
- EXCLUSIVE : Over 96% of Madrid’s hotels FULL as prices skyrocket to €26,000 for two nights on Champions League weekend - 11 May, 2019 @ 16:26
- Freddie Starr dies in Spain - 9 May, 2019 @ 23:50
- Madrid’s born-again Gran Hotel Ingles is the lap of Belle Epoque luxury, discovers Olive Press editor Jon Clarke - 5 May, 2019 @ 10:08
- Witnesses describe ‘bloodbath’ after British soldier ‘glassed by her pal’ in Mallorca club - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 10:45
- La La lovin’ it! New organic olive oil ‘experience’ in Ronda - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 14:27
- The Cat’s Whiskers: Is Sierra de Gata Spain’s most delightful region? - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 10:00