A BRITISH woman has bled to death after a freak accident in a Nerja bar.
Mother-of-one, Sally Feelly, 42, tripped and fell and fell onto a glass table, cutting open her armpit in the Balcon de Europa.
Despite friends and bar staff rushing to the hairdressers’ aid, they were unable to stop the heavy bleeding.
She was already unconscious when the ambulance arrived, and died from heart failure caused by the loss of blood on the way to hospital.
A waiter was shocked by the amount of blood Feelly lost. He added: “It is incredible that a simple fall could end a life.”
Feelly – who had a 14-year-old son – had lived in Urbanisation Punta Lara in Nerja for several years.
“It is incredible that a simple fall could end a life.”
One of her friends said: “We can’t believe something like this has happened. She was a young person, healthy and full of life.
“She was not drunk or tipsy when she fell to the ground.
“How is it possible that such a silly accident can have such devastating consequences? It’s absolutely horrific.”
- La La lovin’ it! New organic olive oil ‘experience’ in Ronda - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 14:27
- The Cat’s Whiskers: Is Sierra de Gata Spain’s most delightful region? - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 10:00
- Why Sotogrande’s La Gran Reserva is one of Andalucia’s most exciting new developments - 23 Nov, 2018 @ 12:15
- How the Olive Press has survived 300 issues – and is continuing to grow - 14 Sep, 2018 @ 09:48
- How a Costa del Sol-based financial services business gives back to the community - 18 Aug, 2018 @ 16:58
- ‘Evil’ monkey dubbed Dracula robs British family of cash and passports on Gibraltar’s Skywalk - 22 Jul, 2018 @ 12:32
- West End comes to Sotogrande in aid of charity - 24 Jun, 2018 @ 14:14
- Olive Press publisher Jon Clarke gets five star access to Spain’s three Michelin Star heroes - 1 Apr, 2018 @ 15:00
- NICE ONE SON: Valldemossa’s Son Viscos is the perfect B&B for a weekend escape - 21 Mar, 2018 @ 11:00
- El Bulli restaurant owner creates Spanish culinary encyclopedia - 18 Mar, 2018 @ 12:00