AFTER the Olive Press revealed that a reader wanted to rehouse her pet ducklings, a happy household has now been found!
Katie Kluska, 28, pleaded in a letter last issue to help find a new home for Carmen and Julio.
While they have now safely settled into a new home close to Los Romanes, in the Axarquia, saying goodbye to the five-month-old ducklings proved more heartbreaking than Katie had anticipated.
“It was a very hard decision to let them go,” explained Katie, from Poland. “I miss them, miss their quacking. But I couldn’t keep them any longer.”
“I miss them, miss their quacking. But I couldn’t keep them any longer.”
“I used to take them for walks down to the river in Riogordo in the hope that they would splash out and seek independence, but they just wouldn’t leave my side.
“Local people got used to it and would always stop to ask how they are.”
However, Katie, who along with her partner Ian used to run the Lemon Tree restaurant in Riogordo, has been cheered by the prospect of their new home providing them with the five-star duck treatment.
“Their new owner Terry, promised to make a pond for them. Carmen just loves water!” she added.
- ALIVE AND KICKING: Trio of British rock legends wow the festival crowds at Lisbon’s Nos Alive - 17 Jul, 2019 @ 17:18
- OPINION: Amid Champions League final ecstasy and agony, Brit fans in Madrid did us proud - 7 Jun, 2019 @ 14:48
- ON THE CHEAP The Germans in Madrid wishing for Champions League final success - 1 Jun, 2019 @ 14:31
- OPINION: Expats will make all the difference in tomorrow’s elections, both as candidates and in the polling booths - 25 May, 2019 @ 11:45
- IN PICS: This paradise retreat has won international acclaim and is just 15 minutes from Spain’s Costa del Sol (read for special Olive Press offer) - 17 May, 2019 @ 09:37
- EXCLUSIVE : Over 96% of Madrid’s hotels FULL as prices skyrocket to €26,000 for two nights on Champions League weekend - 11 May, 2019 @ 16:26
- Freddie Starr dies in Spain - 9 May, 2019 @ 23:50
- Madrid’s born-again Gran Hotel Ingles is the lap of Belle Epoque luxury, discovers Olive Press editor Jon Clarke - 5 May, 2019 @ 10:08
- Witnesses describe ‘bloodbath’ after British soldier ‘glassed by her pal’ in Mallorca club - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 10:45
- La La lovin’ it! New organic olive oil ‘experience’ in Ronda - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 14:27