DISGRACED boxer Scott Harrison has spoken for the first time about his spell in Alhaurin prison.
Harrison – who is serving 30 months for assaulting a police officer – has revealed that he has landed a job as a cleaner and is even learning Spanish.
Talking exclusively to the Olive Press, the Scottish boxer claims he has become fluent in the local lingo over the last year.
Dubbed Raging Bull by the paper, Harrison, 32, revealed: “I’ve been studying really hard and I’ve taught myself to speak Spanish. I’m pretty much fluent now.
“I decided the least I could do was learn the local language. So I got myself a book and I’m now onto an advanced level.
“It helps when you need to speak to the guards and means I can talk to other boys who are locked up in here.”
Harrison has been banged up in the notorious prison alongside killers, rapists and sex offenders.
“Prison is prison – it’s definitely not a holiday camp being in here. There are killers, rapists, child abusers, the lot in here.”
He was jailed in April at Malaga’s high court after pleading guilty to a double assault and attempted robbery.
The ex-WBO flyweight from Glasgow was accused of attacking a police officer and battering another man in October 2006.
He and his uncle Jack McGill, who has since died, attacked the duo in Alhaurin el Grande near Malaga after a boozy night out.
Talking for the first time about life behind the giant red brick walls, he said: “Prison is prison – it’s definitely not a holiday camp being in here.
“There are killers, rapists, child abusers, the lot in here.
“But I can’t complain too much. I’m treated well by the guards and have access to a gym most of the day.”
He also revealed how, as is the custom in Spanish prisons, he is allowed to have monthly closed-door romps with fiancee Stacey Gardner.
“I’m allowed a private two hour visit with Stacey once a month.
“You get to spend time with each other in a room. Trust me it makes the Travelodge look like luxury, but at least it’s clean.”
Harrison also revealed how he is planning to wed his lover once he is eventually released as a thank you for standing by him.
He is also looking forward to seeing his eight-month-old son Jack again for the first time in months.
Harrison went on: “I love Stacey – absolutely.
“I can tell you now that Scott Harrison will be back. I want to repay the fans for the faith they have shown in me.”
“She has given me a beautiful son and was there for me throughout everything, and continues to stand right beside me now.”
Harrison is now determined to make a comeback when he gets out.
“I can tell you now that Scott Harrison will be back. I want to repay the fans for the faith they have shown in me.
“I have never been so focussed and determined in my entire life. Being locked up helps develop that.
“One minute I was a millionaire with the big houses and all the trappings – the next I was bankrupt.”
He added: “I’m not blaming anyone else apart from myself for where I am right now.
“But I came back to Spain to face up to what I had done, take my punishment and then move on with my life.
“I’ll have a clean slate – a new start and the determination to show everyone I’m back.”
- Witnesses describe ‘bloodbath’ after British soldier ‘glassed by her pal’ in Mallorca club - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 10:45
- La La lovin’ it! New organic olive oil ‘experience’ in Ronda - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 14:27
- The Cat’s Whiskers: Is Sierra de Gata Spain’s most delightful region? - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 10:00
- Why Sotogrande’s La Gran Reserva is one of Andalucia’s most exciting new developments - 23 Nov, 2018 @ 12:15
- How the Olive Press has survived 300 issues – and is continuing to grow - 14 Sep, 2018 @ 09:48
- How a Costa del Sol-based financial services business gives back to the community - 18 Aug, 2018 @ 16:58
- ‘Evil’ monkey dubbed Dracula robs British family of cash and passports on Gibraltar’s Skywalk - 22 Jul, 2018 @ 12:32
- West End comes to Sotogrande in aid of charity - 24 Jun, 2018 @ 14:14
- Olive Press publisher Jon Clarke gets five star access to Spain’s three Michelin Star heroes - 1 Apr, 2018 @ 15:00
- NICE ONE SON: Valldemossa’s Son Viscos is the perfect B&B for a weekend escape - 21 Mar, 2018 @ 11:00