PLANS to build a sewage plant in Nerja have been sunk once again.
After repeated claims that work would begin “shortly” the Ministry of Environment revealed it was “difficult” to confirm when the scheme would be licensed.
Local government officials have now been panned for their ongoing “lies” with the treatment centre not due for completion until at least 2015.
“Our town can no longer put up with the lies of local and provincial officials of the PSOE.”
An environmental impact survey as well as technical and financial approval are still required before licensing even takes place.
Nerja’s town hall spokesman, Jose Miguel Garcia, said: “Our town can no longer put up with the lies of local and provincial officials of the PSOE.”
The license was expected early last year.
In January 2008, local PSOE leader Angel Ramirez declared that work would begin “shortly”.
- OPINION: Amid Champions League final ecstasy and agony, Brit fans in Madrid did us proud - 7 Jun, 2019 @ 14:48
- ON THE CHEAP The Germans in Madrid wishing for Champions League final success - 1 Jun, 2019 @ 14:31
- OPINION: Expats will make all the difference in tomorrow’s elections, both as candidates and in the polling booths - 25 May, 2019 @ 11:45
- IN PICS: This paradise retreat has won international acclaim and is just 15 minutes from Spain’s Costa del Sol (read for special Olive Press offer) - 17 May, 2019 @ 09:37
- EXCLUSIVE : Over 96% of Madrid’s hotels FULL as prices skyrocket to €26,000 for two nights on Champions League weekend - 11 May, 2019 @ 16:26
- Freddie Starr dies in Spain - 9 May, 2019 @ 23:50
- Madrid’s born-again Gran Hotel Ingles is the lap of Belle Epoque luxury, discovers Olive Press editor Jon Clarke - 5 May, 2019 @ 10:08
- Witnesses describe ‘bloodbath’ after British soldier ‘glassed by her pal’ in Mallorca club - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 10:45
- La La lovin’ it! New organic olive oil ‘experience’ in Ronda - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 14:27
- The Cat’s Whiskers: Is Sierra de Gata Spain’s most delightful region? - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 10:00