A PENSIONER has made an urgent appeal to a Marbella auction organiser to let her know the whereabouts of her valuable coins.
Elizabeth Davies, from Guadalmina, handed over precious coins worth thousands of euros to John White ahead of a December auction at the Hotel el Fuerte, Marbella.
However, citing bad coastal weather, White twice cancelled the auction and it has still not taken place.
The 65-year-old former hairdresser has not heard from White since mid December.
“The phone number he gave me just rings and rings and I would just like to know what exactly is going on,” explained Davies.
“I handed over coins very dear to me such as three silver coins, a South African shilling and a beautiful Roman broach with three ancient coins inside.”
She says that a friend informed her that White, who is from Mijas, is currently in hospital in the US.
A spokesman for the Hotel el Fuerte confirmed that no auction ever took place.
The Olive Press has been unable to get hold of Mr White, despite numerous calls.
If you have any more details on John White’s whereabouts pls email [email protected]
- OPINION: Amid Champions League final ecstasy and agony, Brit fans in Madrid did us proud - 7 Jun, 2019 @ 14:48
- ON THE CHEAP The Germans in Madrid wishing for Champions League final success - 1 Jun, 2019 @ 14:31
- OPINION: Expats will make all the difference in tomorrow’s elections, both as candidates and in the polling booths - 25 May, 2019 @ 11:45
- IN PICS: This paradise retreat has won international acclaim and is just 15 minutes from Spain’s Costa del Sol (read for special Olive Press offer) - 17 May, 2019 @ 09:37
- EXCLUSIVE : Over 96% of Madrid’s hotels FULL as prices skyrocket to €26,000 for two nights on Champions League weekend - 11 May, 2019 @ 16:26
- Freddie Starr dies in Spain - 9 May, 2019 @ 23:50
- Madrid’s born-again Gran Hotel Ingles is the lap of Belle Epoque luxury, discovers Olive Press editor Jon Clarke - 5 May, 2019 @ 10:08
- Witnesses describe ‘bloodbath’ after British soldier ‘glassed by her pal’ in Mallorca club - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 10:45
- La La lovin’ it! New organic olive oil ‘experience’ in Ronda - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 14:27
- The Cat’s Whiskers: Is Sierra de Gata Spain’s most delightful region? - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 10:00