HARRIET Harman called for the creation of a UN agency dedicated to upholding women’s rights at an EU summit in Cadiz.
The Deputy Leader of the Labour party said that although progress has been made with global inequality issues, more work still needs to be done.
The British MP urged for a meeting to be held in London to promote the creation of the proposed UN agency.
Harman jointly chaired the event – part of Spain’s rotating EU Presidency – with the Spanish Deputy Prime Minister and the Minister for Equality.
A spokesman for the Spanish Presidency said: “The summit seeks to give new impetus to gender equality in the EU.”
- The Cat’s Whiskers: Is Sierra de Gata Spain’s most delightful region? - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 10:00
- Why Sotogrande’s La Gran Reserva is one of Andalucia’s most exciting new developments - 23 Nov, 2018 @ 12:15
- How the Olive Press has survived 300 issues – and is continuing to grow - 14 Sep, 2018 @ 09:48
- How a Costa del Sol-based financial services business gives back to the community - 18 Aug, 2018 @ 16:58
- ‘Evil’ monkey dubbed Dracula robs British family of cash and passports on Gibraltar’s Skywalk - 22 Jul, 2018 @ 12:32
- West End comes to Sotogrande in aid of charity - 24 Jun, 2018 @ 14:14
- Olive Press publisher Jon Clarke gets five star access to Spain’s three Michelin Star heroes - 1 Apr, 2018 @ 15:00
- NICE ONE SON: Valldemossa’s Son Viscos is the perfect B&B for a weekend escape - 21 Mar, 2018 @ 11:00
- El Bulli restaurant owner creates Spanish culinary encyclopedia - 18 Mar, 2018 @ 12:00
- Moorish makeover for relaunch of Andalucian teahouse on Costa de la Luz - 17 Mar, 2018 @ 14:00