TWO Argentinians have been jailed for ten years after attacking a British couple in Alhaurin el Grande four years ago.
The men, aged 26 and 31, broke into the Britons’ home in the Urbanization Bellavista at 3am while they were sleeping.
After failing to tie up the couple, both in their 60s, the raiders shot the husband three times, twice in the body and once in the hand.
The attackers then panicked and escaped with a Rolex watch, a mobile phone and a small amount of cash.
The injured husband then underwent life-saving surgery in Malaga.
However, he suffered serious injuries to his intestines and lost his left kidney.
Two other burglars took part in the robbery but they have never been identified.
- Witnesses describe ‘bloodbath’ after British soldier ‘glassed by her pal’ in Mallorca club - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 10:45
- La La lovin’ it! New organic olive oil ‘experience’ in Ronda - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 14:27
- The Cat’s Whiskers: Is Sierra de Gata Spain’s most delightful region? - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 10:00
- Why Sotogrande’s La Gran Reserva is one of Andalucia’s most exciting new developments - 23 Nov, 2018 @ 12:15
- How the Olive Press has survived 300 issues – and is continuing to grow - 14 Sep, 2018 @ 09:48
- How a Costa del Sol-based financial services business gives back to the community - 18 Aug, 2018 @ 16:58
- ‘Evil’ monkey dubbed Dracula robs British family of cash and passports on Gibraltar’s Skywalk - 22 Jul, 2018 @ 12:32
- West End comes to Sotogrande in aid of charity - 24 Jun, 2018 @ 14:14
- Olive Press publisher Jon Clarke gets five star access to Spain’s three Michelin Star heroes - 1 Apr, 2018 @ 15:00
- NICE ONE SON: Valldemossa’s Son Viscos is the perfect B&B for a weekend escape - 21 Mar, 2018 @ 11:00