YACHT owners have been setting sail for Gibraltar to reap the bounty of cheaper docking costs, fuel and taxes.
The prestigious Ocean Village marina has seen yacht numbers soar recently as seafarers seek to take advantage of discounted rates.
Tax-free marine fuel slices 40 per cent off refuelling costs compared to Spain, and VAT also does not apply when registering vessels on the Rock.
What’s more, daily rates for Ocean Villages’ new berths start from 17 euros for a 15-metre slot, rising to 525 euros for yachts above 75 metres in the low season.
“For the high level of service we offer, Gibraltar’s marinas are extremely competitively priced,” says Brian Stevendale, Sales and Marketing Director for Ocean Village marina.
- OPINION: Expats will make all the difference in tomorrow’s elections, both as candidates and in the polling booths - 25 May, 2019 @ 11:45
- IN PICS: This paradise retreat has won international acclaim and is just 15 minutes from Spain’s Costa del Sol (read for special Olive Press offer) - 17 May, 2019 @ 09:37
- EXCLUSIVE : Over 96% of Madrid’s hotels FULL as prices skyrocket to €26,000 for two nights on Champions League weekend - 11 May, 2019 @ 16:26
- Freddie Starr dies in Spain - 9 May, 2019 @ 23:50
- Madrid’s born-again Gran Hotel Ingles is the lap of Belle Epoque luxury, discovers Olive Press editor Jon Clarke - 5 May, 2019 @ 10:08
- Witnesses describe ‘bloodbath’ after British soldier ‘glassed by her pal’ in Mallorca club - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 10:45
- La La lovin’ it! New organic olive oil ‘experience’ in Ronda - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 14:27
- The Cat’s Whiskers: Is Sierra de Gata Spain’s most delightful region? - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 10:00
- Why Sotogrande’s La Gran Reserva is one of Andalucia’s most exciting new developments - 23 Nov, 2018 @ 12:15
- How the Olive Press has survived 300 issues – and is continuing to grow - 14 Sep, 2018 @ 09:48