SEVILLA has sampled a high-octane taste of Hollywood after stars Tom Cruise and Cameron Diaz burnt some rubber in the city streets.
Promoting the world premiere of summer blockbuster Knight and Day, the duo performed some live stunts to the delight of their gathered fans.
Diaz proved she is a dab hand behind the wheel by pursuing a motorbike-driving Cruise through a blocked-off area in the city.
Screened live in the US, the 37-year-old actress’ high-speed manoeuvres left her passenger, reporter Nick Watt, collapsing out of the car at the end.
“We like the thrill of it, but you don’t ever want it to be dangerous. It’s a safe situation,” said Diaz.
- IN PICS: This paradise retreat has won international acclaim and is just 15 minutes from Spain’s Costa del Sol (read for special Olive Press offer) - 17 May, 2019 @ 09:37
- EXCLUSIVE : Over 96% of Madrid’s hotels FULL as prices skyrocket to €26,000 for two nights on Champions League weekend - 11 May, 2019 @ 16:26
- Freddie Starr dies in Spain - 9 May, 2019 @ 23:50
- Madrid’s born-again Gran Hotel Ingles is the lap of Belle Epoque luxury, discovers Olive Press editor Jon Clarke - 5 May, 2019 @ 10:08
- Witnesses describe ‘bloodbath’ after British soldier ‘glassed by her pal’ in Mallorca club - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 10:45
- La La lovin’ it! New organic olive oil ‘experience’ in Ronda - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 14:27
- The Cat’s Whiskers: Is Sierra de Gata Spain’s most delightful region? - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 10:00
- Why Sotogrande’s La Gran Reserva is one of Andalucia’s most exciting new developments - 23 Nov, 2018 @ 12:15
- How the Olive Press has survived 300 issues – and is continuing to grow - 14 Sep, 2018 @ 09:48
- How a Costa del Sol-based financial services business gives back to the community - 18 Aug, 2018 @ 16:58