THE works of renowned British artists William Turner and Gavin Turk are now on show in Spain.
Some 42 paintings by 19-Century Romantic landscape artist Turner are on display at Madrid’s Prado museum.
Titled Turner y los Maestros, the exhibition will also include works from Turner’s great rivals and inspirations, including Rubens, Rembrandt and Poussin.
Exhibit curator David Solkin described the painter’s work as an important precursor to impressionism and abstract art.
He added that Turner had the ability to take a landscape and use it to express a bigger theme.
Meanwhile, in Malaga’s Contemporary Art Centre, modern artist Gavin Turk has brought his innovative work to the museum.
His first Spanish solo exhibition, called En Face, will display 72 clay busts created at an interactive performance at Turk’s very own London studio.
Turk made his name during the 1990s as part of the ‘Young British Artists’ group.
The Turner exhibit will stay at the Prado until September 19, and Turk’s Malaga show will be open until September 12
- OPINION: Amid Champions League final ecstasy and agony, Brit fans in Madrid did us proud - 7 Jun, 2019 @ 14:48
- ON THE CHEAP The Germans in Madrid wishing for Champions League final success - 1 Jun, 2019 @ 14:31
- OPINION: Expats will make all the difference in tomorrow’s elections, both as candidates and in the polling booths - 25 May, 2019 @ 11:45
- IN PICS: This paradise retreat has won international acclaim and is just 15 minutes from Spain’s Costa del Sol (read for special Olive Press offer) - 17 May, 2019 @ 09:37
- EXCLUSIVE : Over 96% of Madrid’s hotels FULL as prices skyrocket to €26,000 for two nights on Champions League weekend - 11 May, 2019 @ 16:26
- Freddie Starr dies in Spain - 9 May, 2019 @ 23:50
- Madrid’s born-again Gran Hotel Ingles is the lap of Belle Epoque luxury, discovers Olive Press editor Jon Clarke - 5 May, 2019 @ 10:08
- Witnesses describe ‘bloodbath’ after British soldier ‘glassed by her pal’ in Mallorca club - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 10:45
- La La lovin’ it! New organic olive oil ‘experience’ in Ronda - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 14:27
- The Cat’s Whiskers: Is Sierra de Gata Spain’s most delightful region? - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 10:00