By Wendy Williams
AFTER their much anticipated arrival Michelle Obama and daughter Sasha, 9, made the most of their first day in Marbella with a two hour shopping trip.
Accompanied by helicopters, cars, bodyguards and policemen it was a bit more than your average mother-daughter day out but the pair and their friends seemed to have a good time.
The First Lady, wearing an off the shoulder number by Jean Paul Gautier, looked as relaxed as ever, as she waved to the crowds of admiring onlookers.
The group spent an hour spent wandering the streets of the historic heart of Marbella perusing the shops.
And Michelle even managed to pick up herself two racy white dresses from a boutique for 42 euros each, along with 80 euros of beads from trendy French-run shop Babachic.
To finish the afternoon the group enjoyed a two-and-a-half hour supper at Buenaventura Plaza, with the youngest Obama, Sasha, sneaking out for an ice cream, before heading home.
- IN PICS: This paradise retreat has won international acclaim and is just 15 minutes from Spain’s Costa del Sol (read for special Olive Press offer) - 17 May, 2019 @ 09:37
- EXCLUSIVE : Over 96% of Madrid’s hotels FULL as prices skyrocket to €26,000 for two nights on Champions League weekend - 11 May, 2019 @ 16:26
- Freddie Starr dies in Spain - 9 May, 2019 @ 23:50
- Madrid’s born-again Gran Hotel Ingles is the lap of Belle Epoque luxury, discovers Olive Press editor Jon Clarke - 5 May, 2019 @ 10:08
- Witnesses describe ‘bloodbath’ after British soldier ‘glassed by her pal’ in Mallorca club - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 10:45
- La La lovin’ it! New organic olive oil ‘experience’ in Ronda - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 14:27
- The Cat’s Whiskers: Is Sierra de Gata Spain’s most delightful region? - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 10:00
- Why Sotogrande’s La Gran Reserva is one of Andalucia’s most exciting new developments - 23 Nov, 2018 @ 12:15
- How the Olive Press has survived 300 issues – and is continuing to grow - 14 Sep, 2018 @ 09:48
- How a Costa del Sol-based financial services business gives back to the community - 18 Aug, 2018 @ 16:58