By Nicola Cowell
SPECTATORS at a recent Tottenham pre-season football friendly against Malaga must have thought they were seeing things.
For the team’s left-back player turned out to be none other than England rugby ace Danny Cipriani!
Swapping his egg-shaped ball for a round one, Cipriani was on trial with the Premiership team and played a full 90 minutes with them on a boot-camp trip to Spain.
The all-rounder, who had trials with QPR and Reading FC as a teenager, is said to be interested in switching to football even though he is preparing to move to Aussie rugby club Melbourne Rebels in October.
The star is looking to make a fresh start after his recent split from British bombshell Kelly Brook.
- The Cat’s Whiskers: Is Sierra de Gata Spain’s most delightful region? - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 10:00
- Why Sotogrande’s La Gran Reserva is one of Andalucia’s most exciting new developments - 23 Nov, 2018 @ 12:15
- How the Olive Press has survived 300 issues – and is continuing to grow - 14 Sep, 2018 @ 09:48
- How a Costa del Sol-based financial services business gives back to the community - 18 Aug, 2018 @ 16:58
- ‘Evil’ monkey dubbed Dracula robs British family of cash and passports on Gibraltar’s Skywalk - 22 Jul, 2018 @ 12:32
- West End comes to Sotogrande in aid of charity - 24 Jun, 2018 @ 14:14
- Olive Press publisher Jon Clarke gets five star access to Spain’s three Michelin Star heroes - 1 Apr, 2018 @ 15:00
- NICE ONE SON: Valldemossa’s Son Viscos is the perfect B&B for a weekend escape - 21 Mar, 2018 @ 11:00
- El Bulli restaurant owner creates Spanish culinary encyclopedia - 18 Mar, 2018 @ 12:00
- Moorish makeover for relaunch of Andalucian teahouse on Costa de la Luz - 17 Mar, 2018 @ 14:00