By Wendy Williams
THE Spanish and English press have been going mad celebrating David Cameron’s return to Ronda this summer.
No stranger to the area, the British Prime Minister visited the Serrania de Ronda in 2008, and told the Spanish leader José Luis Rodríguez Zapatero how much he liked it here.
As you can imagine, Ronda was ready to welcome Cameron back with arms wide open.
But there was one slight problem… he and pregnant wife Samantha – expecting their fourth child in September – are on holiday in Cornwall.
So you can put to bed all the rumours and speculation that Cameron is once again staying in the upmarket Fuente de la Higuera.
According to Jeremy Nicholls, boss of the Gibraltar PR company Copywrite, it’s all nonsense.
He said: “He’s having his hols in Cornwall near to where we’re staying in Rock.
“Samantha is 8 months pregnant; there is no way she can fly.
“She’s hardly going to enjoy 40 degree heat in that stage of her pregnancy”.
Back in July, a Downing Street source said the Cameron’s had chosen Cornwall because Samantha would be heavily pregnant and unable travel abroad, and it looks like they were right.
This marks the second time in three years that the Cameron’s have holidayed in Britain.
Prior to confirming the exact whereabouts of the British Prime Minister the Olive Press spoke to Paul Darwent, owner of Bar Allioli in Jimera de Libar, who met the PM in 2008 when he visited his bar.
He said: “I have heard he is staying with friends in Gaucin, but it’s all very discreet”.
“I’ve got my camera ready this time in case he does come into the bar again though.”
But it looks like Paul can put his camera away again.
David Cameron is not in Ronda, he has packed his bucket and spade and if off to enjoy a British summer by the seaside.
- OPINION: Amid Champions League final ecstasy and agony, Brit fans in Madrid did us proud - 7 Jun, 2019 @ 14:48
- ON THE CHEAP The Germans in Madrid wishing for Champions League final success - 1 Jun, 2019 @ 14:31
- OPINION: Expats will make all the difference in tomorrow’s elections, both as candidates and in the polling booths - 25 May, 2019 @ 11:45
- IN PICS: This paradise retreat has won international acclaim and is just 15 minutes from Spain’s Costa del Sol (read for special Olive Press offer) - 17 May, 2019 @ 09:37
- EXCLUSIVE : Over 96% of Madrid’s hotels FULL as prices skyrocket to €26,000 for two nights on Champions League weekend - 11 May, 2019 @ 16:26
- Freddie Starr dies in Spain - 9 May, 2019 @ 23:50
- Madrid’s born-again Gran Hotel Ingles is the lap of Belle Epoque luxury, discovers Olive Press editor Jon Clarke - 5 May, 2019 @ 10:08
- Witnesses describe ‘bloodbath’ after British soldier ‘glassed by her pal’ in Mallorca club - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 10:45
- La La lovin’ it! New organic olive oil ‘experience’ in Ronda - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 14:27
- The Cat’s Whiskers: Is Sierra de Gata Spain’s most delightful region? - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 10:00