IT could be one of inland Andalucia’s first private house auctions.
Fed up with waiting for a buyer for their home in the charming village of Serrato, a British couple have decided to put it under the hammer.
The sale is being handled by Ronda estate agent Thom Pearson (pictured) of Sierra Estates, who is keen to stress that the sale has nothing to do with a bank or debt.
He said: “It is all the clients’ idea, they wanted a quick release of cash. They have no mortgage, but just want to sell it quickly.
“I hope there will be a good turn out although I have never done anything like this before so I don’t really know what to expect.”
The auction, to be held at noon on October 2, is open to anyone and will be conducted in English and Spanish.
The house, located on Calle Alta, is just 20 minutes from Ronda and is being sold fully furnished.
It comes with three double bedrooms, two bathrooms, a fitted kitchen/diner, a spacious lounge with a wood burning stove, an interior patio and a roof terrace.
And while the reserve price has been set at 75,000 euros, Thom’s personal guide price is nearer 85,000 euros.
He said: “It is a really nice house of a high standard that has been fully refurbished.
“And I have had a few inquiries already although honestly I am not sure how many people to expect on the day.”
If you fancy a punt and want to have a look around before the auction contact Thom at [email protected] or call 647 178 667.
- OPINION: Amid Champions League final ecstasy and agony, Brit fans in Madrid did us proud - 7 Jun, 2019 @ 14:48
- ON THE CHEAP The Germans in Madrid wishing for Champions League final success - 1 Jun, 2019 @ 14:31
- OPINION: Expats will make all the difference in tomorrow’s elections, both as candidates and in the polling booths - 25 May, 2019 @ 11:45
- IN PICS: This paradise retreat has won international acclaim and is just 15 minutes from Spain’s Costa del Sol (read for special Olive Press offer) - 17 May, 2019 @ 09:37
- EXCLUSIVE : Over 96% of Madrid’s hotels FULL as prices skyrocket to €26,000 for two nights on Champions League weekend - 11 May, 2019 @ 16:26
- Freddie Starr dies in Spain - 9 May, 2019 @ 23:50
- Madrid’s born-again Gran Hotel Ingles is the lap of Belle Epoque luxury, discovers Olive Press editor Jon Clarke - 5 May, 2019 @ 10:08
- Witnesses describe ‘bloodbath’ after British soldier ‘glassed by her pal’ in Mallorca club - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 10:45
- La La lovin’ it! New organic olive oil ‘experience’ in Ronda - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 14:27
- The Cat’s Whiskers: Is Sierra de Gata Spain’s most delightful region? - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 10:00