ALMOST 100 mothers have bared their breasts in public in celebration of World Breastfeeding Week 2010.
Mums and babies gathered together in Federico García Lorca Park in Granada in a bid to promote breastfeeding and show that woman can breastfeed their baby “whereever necessary.”
In recent years the number of women choosing to breastfeed their babies has fallen into decline.
The Mamilactancia Association, which organises the event, is not only keen to promote the health benefits, but appropriately the financial benefits of breastfeeding.
Said its president Candida Cabrera said: “There are significant benefits to both the child and mother, as it can help prevent breast and cervical cancer and osteoporosis.
“And it saves money,” she added.
- OPINION: Amid Champions League final ecstasy and agony, Brit fans in Madrid did us proud - 7 Jun, 2019 @ 14:48
- ON THE CHEAP The Germans in Madrid wishing for Champions League final success - 1 Jun, 2019 @ 14:31
- OPINION: Expats will make all the difference in tomorrow’s elections, both as candidates and in the polling booths - 25 May, 2019 @ 11:45
- IN PICS: This paradise retreat has won international acclaim and is just 15 minutes from Spain’s Costa del Sol (read for special Olive Press offer) - 17 May, 2019 @ 09:37
- EXCLUSIVE : Over 96% of Madrid’s hotels FULL as prices skyrocket to €26,000 for two nights on Champions League weekend - 11 May, 2019 @ 16:26
- Freddie Starr dies in Spain - 9 May, 2019 @ 23:50
- Madrid’s born-again Gran Hotel Ingles is the lap of Belle Epoque luxury, discovers Olive Press editor Jon Clarke - 5 May, 2019 @ 10:08
- Witnesses describe ‘bloodbath’ after British soldier ‘glassed by her pal’ in Mallorca club - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 10:45
- La La lovin’ it! New organic olive oil ‘experience’ in Ronda - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 14:27
- The Cat’s Whiskers: Is Sierra de Gata Spain’s most delightful region? - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 10:00