By Wendy Williams
JAMES Bond actor Sean Connery will not be making an appearance in court today.
The 80-year-old Scottish actor and his second wife, French artist Micheline Roquebrune, 81, sent a letter to the judge explaining they would be unable to travel to Spain from their home in the Bahamas due to “age and state of health.”
The pair had been summoned to testify in the so-called Goldfinger money laundering case which is investigating the alleged irregularities in the sale of their Marbella villa ‘Malibu’ in 1999.
Their case has attracted a lot of media attention in the last week following a letter Connery sent to the presiding judge Ricardo Puyol threatening legal action for naming him publicly in the case.
In retaliation Puyol maintained the letter was intimidating and called for legal protection but the Spanish law council has rejected his claims.
The magistrate will now decide next week how to proceed.
- The Cat’s Whiskers: Is Sierra de Gata Spain’s most delightful region? - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 10:00
- Why Sotogrande’s La Gran Reserva is one of Andalucia’s most exciting new developments - 23 Nov, 2018 @ 12:15
- How the Olive Press has survived 300 issues – and is continuing to grow - 14 Sep, 2018 @ 09:48
- How a Costa del Sol-based financial services business gives back to the community - 18 Aug, 2018 @ 16:58
- ‘Evil’ monkey dubbed Dracula robs British family of cash and passports on Gibraltar’s Skywalk - 22 Jul, 2018 @ 12:32
- West End comes to Sotogrande in aid of charity - 24 Jun, 2018 @ 14:14
- Olive Press publisher Jon Clarke gets five star access to Spain’s three Michelin Star heroes - 1 Apr, 2018 @ 15:00
- NICE ONE SON: Valldemossa’s Son Viscos is the perfect B&B for a weekend escape - 21 Mar, 2018 @ 11:00
- El Bulli restaurant owner creates Spanish culinary encyclopedia - 18 Mar, 2018 @ 12:00
- Moorish makeover for relaunch of Andalucian teahouse on Costa de la Luz - 17 Mar, 2018 @ 14:00