By Wendy Williams
JAMES Bond actor Sean Connery will not be making an appearance in court today.
The 80-year-old Scottish actor and his second wife, French artist Micheline Roquebrune, 81, sent a letter to the judge explaining they would be unable to travel to Spain from their home in the Bahamas due to “age and state of health.”
The pair had been summoned to testify in the so-called Goldfinger money laundering case which is investigating the alleged irregularities in the sale of their Marbella villa ‘Malibu’ in 1999.
Their case has attracted a lot of media attention in the last week following a letter Connery sent to the presiding judge Ricardo Puyol threatening legal action for naming him publicly in the case.
In retaliation Puyol maintained the letter was intimidating and called for legal protection but the Spanish law council has rejected his claims.
The magistrate will now decide next week how to proceed.
- IN PICS: This paradise retreat has won international acclaim and is just 15 minutes from Spain’s Costa del Sol (read for special Olive Press offer) - 17 May, 2019 @ 09:37
- EXCLUSIVE : Over 96% of Madrid’s hotels FULL as prices skyrocket to €26,000 for two nights on Champions League weekend - 11 May, 2019 @ 16:26
- Freddie Starr dies in Spain - 9 May, 2019 @ 23:50
- Madrid’s born-again Gran Hotel Ingles is the lap of Belle Epoque luxury, discovers Olive Press editor Jon Clarke - 5 May, 2019 @ 10:08
- Witnesses describe ‘bloodbath’ after British soldier ‘glassed by her pal’ in Mallorca club - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 10:45
- La La lovin’ it! New organic olive oil ‘experience’ in Ronda - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 14:27
- The Cat’s Whiskers: Is Sierra de Gata Spain’s most delightful region? - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 10:00
- Why Sotogrande’s La Gran Reserva is one of Andalucia’s most exciting new developments - 23 Nov, 2018 @ 12:15
- How the Olive Press has survived 300 issues – and is continuing to grow - 14 Sep, 2018 @ 09:48
- How a Costa del Sol-based financial services business gives back to the community - 18 Aug, 2018 @ 16:58