IT is the second time in a year.
But now reports suggest that Wayne Rooney could be moving to Spain this winter.
While Real Madrid director Jorge Valdano has denied his team are interested in the England striker, the British media have gone into overdrive.
It comes after the off-form forward told Manchester United he had no plans to extend his contract, which runs out in 2012.
The Olive Press reported in January that Wayne could be “doing a Beckham” and signing for Madrid this year.
Rooney has reportedly fallen out with Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson.
It has been a torrid year for the striker, who had a bad World Cup and was linked in a scandal with two prostitutes.
- The Cat’s Whiskers: Is Sierra de Gata Spain’s most delightful region? - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 10:00
- Why Sotogrande’s La Gran Reserva is one of Andalucia’s most exciting new developments - 23 Nov, 2018 @ 12:15
- How the Olive Press has survived 300 issues – and is continuing to grow - 14 Sep, 2018 @ 09:48
- How a Costa del Sol-based financial services business gives back to the community - 18 Aug, 2018 @ 16:58
- ‘Evil’ monkey dubbed Dracula robs British family of cash and passports on Gibraltar’s Skywalk - 22 Jul, 2018 @ 12:32
- West End comes to Sotogrande in aid of charity - 24 Jun, 2018 @ 14:14
- Olive Press publisher Jon Clarke gets five star access to Spain’s three Michelin Star heroes - 1 Apr, 2018 @ 15:00
- NICE ONE SON: Valldemossa’s Son Viscos is the perfect B&B for a weekend escape - 21 Mar, 2018 @ 11:00
- El Bulli restaurant owner creates Spanish culinary encyclopedia - 18 Mar, 2018 @ 12:00
- Moorish makeover for relaunch of Andalucian teahouse on Costa de la Luz - 17 Mar, 2018 @ 14:00