THE hunt is on to track down an Irish man wanted for killing his wife.
Michael Dermot McArdle, 40, from Louth was found guilty of the manslaughter of Kelly-Anne Corcoran in 2008 after she fell from the balcony of their room at the five-star Melia Don Pepe Hotel in Marbella in February 2000.
He was given a suspended sentence of two years and ordered to pay 100,000 euros compensation to the victim’ s parents and 60,000 euros each of their two sons.
But he has yet to pay the compensation prompting the judge last month to order him to serve his prison sentence.
Now, as the killer has failed to return to Spain from his native Ireland an EU arrest warrant has been issued.
- OPINION: Amid Champions League final ecstasy and agony, Brit fans in Madrid did us proud - 7 Jun, 2019 @ 14:48
- ON THE CHEAP The Germans in Madrid wishing for Champions League final success - 1 Jun, 2019 @ 14:31
- OPINION: Expats will make all the difference in tomorrow’s elections, both as candidates and in the polling booths - 25 May, 2019 @ 11:45
- IN PICS: This paradise retreat has won international acclaim and is just 15 minutes from Spain’s Costa del Sol (read for special Olive Press offer) - 17 May, 2019 @ 09:37
- EXCLUSIVE : Over 96% of Madrid’s hotels FULL as prices skyrocket to €26,000 for two nights on Champions League weekend - 11 May, 2019 @ 16:26
- Freddie Starr dies in Spain - 9 May, 2019 @ 23:50
- Madrid’s born-again Gran Hotel Ingles is the lap of Belle Epoque luxury, discovers Olive Press editor Jon Clarke - 5 May, 2019 @ 10:08
- Witnesses describe ‘bloodbath’ after British soldier ‘glassed by her pal’ in Mallorca club - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 10:45
- La La lovin’ it! New organic olive oil ‘experience’ in Ronda - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 14:27
- The Cat’s Whiskers: Is Sierra de Gata Spain’s most delightful region? - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 10:00